• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Currie was hamstrung with Danny this year. If he gets rid of him before April he will have done his job to that point.

So now that you see that attendance has suffered (pretty severely) over the last few years Chris, does that impact any of your positions regarding Wake fans will continue to stick around for further futility?

No, I will still support the team. I don’t want to make a bad situation worse. If I still lived in NC, I’d go to more games myself.

So you're more concerned with how a message board thread title can negatively affect a recruit than how our historically bad on-court performance for an entire DECADE can negatively affect a recruit? Forget that we haven't been remotely relevant in 11 years, somebody dropped an F-bomb on a message board thread - there go the recruits. I guess that makes perfect sense along with your thought that buildings are more important for recruiting than winning.

Yes, because recruits read these boards. And I don’t believe thread titles should be hurling obscenities and F-bombs at the AD or Coaches. If for no other reason, how about common courtesy. They don’t throw obscenities our way in public, so how about the same for them? How do you think a recruit looking up information online about our programs feels when they see “F*** you, (insert AD/Coach here)” in their search?

giphy.gif

Yes, because recruits read these boards. And I don’t believe thread titles should be hurling obscenities and F-bombs at the AD or Coaches. If for no other reason, how about common courtesy. They don’t throw obscenities our way in public, so how about the same for them? How do you think a recruit looking up information online about our programs feels when they see “F*** you, (insert AD/Coach here)” in their search?

People need to feel important. When you look at the people who consistently make this awful argument about message boards, it all becomes clear.

How do you think a recruit looking up information online about our programs feels when they see “F*** you, (insert AD/Coach here)” in their search?

All the recruits that we would want to sign already know Danny Manning is our coach. It's not going to surprise them, but good on you for trying to hide it. Maybe we could sign a decent player if we hid who our coach was from them!!!

All the recruits that we would want to sign already know Danny Manning is our coach. It's not going to surprise them, but good on you for trying to hide it. Maybe we could sign a decent player if we hid who our coach was from them!!!

When kids are thinking about going to any school, they use this thing called Google on the internet, to learn more about their new prospective school, coach, and team. When they’re browsing through the search results, don’t you think it would be better for them not to stumble across “F*** you, (insert name here)?”

When kids are thinking about going to any school, they use this thing called Google on the internet, to learn more about their new prospective school, coach, and team. When they’re browsing through the search results, don’t you think it would be better for them not to stumble across “F*** you, (insert name here)?”

I don't really give a shit what they stumble across. Until Manning, the reason for this thread, is gone, we're not going to attract any recruits of significance anyway. And no, I don't think they give a damn anyway. Kids understand the internet far better than 80's Deacs who judge players on their socks and haircuts. The fact that this thread is still going is nothing but a good sign. When this thread dies off and Manning is still around...that's when you know Wake basketball is done for good.

HEY RECRUIT! IF YOU'RE READING THIS THREAD AND MANNING IS STILL OUR COACH: RUN AWAY! FAST! DO NOT COME HERE! YOUR GAME WILL BE RUINED. YOU'LL LOSE A LOT. AND YOUR COACH WILL BLAME YOU FOR HIS INABILITIES. MANNING SUCKS. STEER CLEAR. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited:
So now we're doubling down on dumb. Lovely.

Funny, I haven't cared to post anything here for a good part of 2019 but your silliness has drawn me out of the shadows. Wow, guess I probably got hooked by a trolling fisherman within the AD trying to drum up some controversy because he's bored?

*sigh*

Okay then. When we start to be good again in a few years, you might want to just stay away. After all, some of Danny Manning’s recruits might be on the team, and you’ve sworn off affiliating with that disaster. Also, they may be using facilities that Mr Wellman worked to get us during his tenure, so there’s another conflict for you there too. Nah, just give the Deacs a break for the next 10-20 years. We got it from here.

I don't really give a shit what they stumble across. Until Manning, the reason for this thread, is gone, we're not going to attract any recruits of significance anyway. And no, I don't think they give a damn anyway. Kids understand the internet far better than 80's Deacs who judge players on their socks and haircuts. The fact that this thread is still going is nothing but a good sign. When this thread dies off and Manning is still around...that's when you know Wake basketball is done for good.

I know you don’t give a s***, that’s part of the reason why were in this conundrum (i.e. stupid billboards).

None of those thread titles are appropriate.
Once again, Ok Boomer.

Oh, and I guarantee you that flippant retort is far more personally relevant to any potential recruits than anything you've typed on these boards in the last three days.
Do you seriously think kids these days haven't seen, said, written anything online in their lives?
Christ, Man. This shit on here is fucking T A M E.

The fact that this is a purportedly grown ass person and calls him “Mr. Wellman” tells you all you need to know.

Every time you say Mr. wellman I just hear Samwise Gamgee saying in his high pitched “oh MR WELLMAN”

I know you don’t give a s***, that’s part of the reason why were in this conundrum (i.e. stupid billboards).

I’m not responding to the troll but taking the opportunity to say the billboards were the most entertaining wfu basketball related event since Mr. Wellman fired Dino Gaudino.

Back