• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Yes, the Jeff [Redacted] hire didn’t quite pan out that well. FWIW he’s a prior NBA Coach and has resumed that career path since. Who knew that it wouldn’t translate as well at the College Basketball level.

I’m not going to start the Dino stuff again. Mr Wellman did what he had to. Those who know, know. And that’s all there is to it.

PM Please

Wasn’t Colorado, a bottom feeder big 12 program, getting ready to fire Bz before we swooped in and hired him? BUT WHO COULD HAVE KNOWN?

Ron Wellman is only part of the problem. Nathan Hatch is also part of the problem. Neither are the real problem.

The real problem is you and the other Deacs that not only tolerate mediocrity but encourage those who have destroyed the program, razed it to the ground, and then salted the fields.

This problem only exists because there are enough people that matter who are okay with it.

Yup.

Fuck off back to your sunshine circle jerk on Facebook, Chris. You are the problem. Blindly tolerating the bullshit the AD feeds doesn’t make you a better or “real” fan. It makes you a pathetic sycophant.

Wow, that PM really is quite scandalous! I can't believe Mr. Wellman was put in that position. Everyone, CTD89 has an exclusive PM that will make you rethink everything you know about Mr. Wellman. My mind is blown.

Yup.

Fuck off back to your sunshine circle jerk on Facebook, Chris. You are the problem. Blindly tolerating the bullshit the AD feeds doesn’t make you a better or “real” fan. It makes you a pathetic sycophant.

Yes being allowed to spew profanities here is what makes this so much better than the WF B-ball Facebook page.

Yup.

The man. Doesn’t. Even. Work. Here. Anymore.

I remember posting on the old board that wellman had lost his mind hiring [Redacted] and we ran the significant risk of having a lost decade of wake basketball. It seems I might have underestimated the damage.

Yes, the Jeff [Redacted] hire didn’t quite pan out that well. FWIW he’s a prior NBA Coach and has resumed that career path since. Who knew that it wouldn’t translate as well at the College Basketball level.

I’m not going to start the Dino stuff again. Mr Wellman did what he had to. Those who know, know. And that’s all there is to it.

Lol.

Who knew? Everyone. Literally everyone knew, everyone except Mr. Wellman, apparently. I knew it. As soon as I saw the name and spent 5 minutes researching who the hell he was and what he had done. I knew immediately that it was a terrible hire and would end terribly. I supported the team and hoped against hope that it would work out - but it was immediately obvious to everyone that it was a terrible hire. Anyone who didn't know upon reading the name, was surely convinced after seeing and hearing Jeff's performance at the announcement press conference.

Who knew? Everyone. Literally everyone knew, everyone except Mr. Wellman, apparently. I knew it. As soon as I saw the name and spent 5 minutes researching who the hell he was and what he had done. I knew immediately that it was a terrible hire and would end terribly. I supported the team and hoped against hope that it would work out - but it was immediately obvious to everyone that it was a terrible hire. Anyone who didn't know upon reading the name, was surely convinced after seeing and hearing Jeff's performance at the announcement press conference.

He also took over a struggling Denver Nuggets team mid-season and took them to the playoffs.

He had flashes of NCAA success at Air Force. Afterwards, it seemed to be downhill in college b-ball. I’m not here to debate the obvious poor performance he had here, but the AD obviously saw something in his background that he thought would translate to success here.

He also took over a struggling Denver Nuggets team mid-season and took them to the playoffs.

He had flashes of NCAA success at Air Force. Afterwards, it seemed to be downhill in college b-ball. I’m not here to debate the obvious poor performance he had here, but the AD obviously saw something in his background that he thought would translate to success here.

maybe so but we suck and continue to suck

I really hope you are a troll. His only success at AF was with someone else's players. His time at Colorado was a disaster and they were relieved we took him off their hands. No one knows what our AD saw - just that he was the only one who saw it. As has been explained and explored ad nauseum here, worse even than the hire was the way our AD treated us as he kept the disaster around years after it was blatantly obvious that he was not the answer. He patronized us and lied to us and acted like everything was going great ("Oh heaven's yes"). It was unprofessional and disingenuous.
Even if we give Wellman credit for the excellent performance of some of our lesser sports, and for facilities, and for Clawson - it is all counter-balanced and more by what has been done to the basketball program.

I really hope you are a troll. His only success at AF was with someone else's players. His time at Colorado was a disaster and they were relieved we took him off their hands. No one knows what our AD saw - just that he was the only one who saw it. As has been explained and explored ad nauseum here, worse even than the hire was the way our AD treated us as he kept the disaster around years after it was blatantly obvious that he was not the answer. He patronized us and lied to us and acted like everything was going great ("Oh heaven's yes"). It was unprofessional and disingenuous.
Even if we give Wellman credit for the excellent performance of some of our lesser sports, and for facilities, and for Clawson - it is all counter-balanced and more by what has been done to the basketball program.

He’s the Athletic Director. You can’t possibly expect him to turn around address every childish concern and outburst that some people will display in public. The AD and head coach was harassed daily in games (by our own fans), pestered repeatedly on phone calls and emails (I feel bad for the secretary), deal with silly newspaper ads and billboards, etc. etc. etc.

He’s not an idiot. He knew that folks were upset about the trajectory of our basketball program. But what did you expect him to say at the time? “By jove, you’re right Dan. [Redacted] is truly an abysmal coach. I shall fire him right now in the middle of the season”

There’s a time and place for everything.

He’s the Athletic Director. You can’t possibly expect him to turn around address every childish concern and outburst that some people will display in public. The AD and head coach was harassed daily in games (by our own fans), pestered repeatedly on phone calls and emails (I feel bad for the secretary), deal with silly newspaper ads and billboards, etc. etc. etc.

He’s not an idiot. He knew that folks were upset about the trajectory of our basketball program. But what did you expect him to say at the time? “By jove, you’re right Dan. [Redacted] is truly an abysmal coach. I shall fire him right now in the middle of the season”

'I'm sorry' would have been a good start.

But, nah, why do that when you can piss on the fans? Oh Heavens Yes!!!

$500 this moron is a close relation to Ron. There’s literally no other explanation.

Back