• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Full transcript of Dan Collins interview

If it was "forced" yelling then the kids would have picked up on it, I think.

Some people are meant to be #1s. Some people are meant to be #2s *cough*WadePhillips*cough*

I don't think it matters. If the players see him as a #2, it's hard to unsee it given the circumstances. That's a problem with promoting a #2 in the first place.

Seems like if Dan had just led with "What are some examples of specific off-season instructions you've given players?" things would be fine.
I agree with BeachBum that Dan's an excellent beat reporter, but this format is not his strong suit. I do applaud him and the Journal for providing another source of news and opinion on Wake athletics. I just think another writer would do better in that forum without jeopardizing his access.

So now you don't just criticize the coaches you now criticize the interviewer of the coaches. Is there anyone anywhere that does a good job in your opinion?

The person who ought to be insulted is the Athletics Director as he is the one responsible for getting us in this mess we are in. Has anybody ever witnessed a worse sports year in Wake Forest athletic history?

I would say fundraising will be real hard over the next couple of years until the Athletics Director retires or resigns in shame.

Back