• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fully Shifted To Buzz-In

I clearly remember the time and place when I first heard Dino had been fired. I felt like Wellman made an aggressive and necessary move, and I immediately felt like this would give us a great opportunity to search out an accomplished and credible coach to restore stability and a higher level of success. Clearly, Wellman's choice has not done that -- far, far from it. I often wonder, had Wellman done reasonable due diligence and conducted a real search, how much better our program would be now that it currently is. I cannot believe anyone can really believe, after two years of [Redacted], that Wellman's choice of his friend, was the right choice. A real coach, who could relate to players, students, and fans would never have taken us down the path to the depths we have sunk. No way. Absolutely no way. I would really like for some of the Buzz-inners to list one positive that [Redacted] has brought to our program. The negatives are so obvious and numerous, whether it is records, statistics, attendance, personality, fan-student-media relations, transfers, reprimand for profanity outburst to the Miami fan, etc.. What is it that makes you think this guy, is the guy? If it looks like a dud, talks like a dud, acts like a dud, its most likely a dud.

I clearly remember the time and place when I first heard Dino had been fired. I felt like Wellman made an aggressive and necessary move, and I immediately felt like this would give us a great opportunity to search out an accomplished and credible coach to restore stability and a higher level of success. Clearly, Wellman's choice has not done that -- far, far from it. I often wonder, had Wellman done reasonable due diligence and conducted a real search, how much better our program would be now that it currently is. I cannot believe anyone can really believe, after two years of [Redacted], that Wellman's choice of his friend, was the right choice. A real coach, who could relate to players, students, and fans would never have taken us down the path to the depths we have sunk. No way. Absolutely no way. I would really like for some of the Buzz-inners to list one positive that [Redacted] has brought to our program. The negatives are so obvious and numerous, whether it is records, statistics, attendance, personality, fan-student-media relations, transfers, reprimand for profanity outburst to the Miami fan, etc.. What is it that makes you think this guy, is the guy? If it looks like a dud, talks like a dud, acts like a dud, its most likely a dud.

Well... you make a really good point with Buzz's PR skills. I don't think Buzz is in this big mess with some of the fan base if he has better PR skills. If he had better PR skills and could effectively speak to fans, then he would be able to offer a comforting hand to the fans with his voice. Instead, we hear nothing anywhere close to that matter. Buzz hasn't owned up for the downs of the program anywhere near like a lot of other coaches do. Roy Williams is great at calming the UNC fans with quotes like, "I'm just not doing a very good job of coaching right now and getting the most out of my guys"

Now, one thing Buzz has done good is this: Gotten in early on CMM. CMM blew up on the national stage and will surely help Wake next year. CMM wasn't a high star or highly regarded recruit until well after Wake reached out to him. What this shows me is that Buzz is a good evaluator of talent. This also doesn't appear to be a fluke since he recruited and coached Alec Burks while in Colorado. That's one thing :thumbsup:

[Redacted]'s primary PR problem is that he is not a very good college basketball coach and he is trying to convince a fanbase that he is a "program builder" when he is in his late 50s and has never built a program before.

Now the throwing his players under the bus and spending an inordinate amount of time talking about a recruiting class instead of his current team certainly hasn't helped him.

I can't wait to watch you guys continue trying to run him out of town next year after we continue to improve. You will not be satisfied with anything Jeff does at this point. He really should give up and make a public statement to the coaching fraternity that this program is a toxic wasteland. Pat yourselves on the back guys; you are the problem.

I can't wait to watch you guys continue trying to run him out of town next year after we continue to improve. You will not be satisfied with anything Jeff does at this point. He really should give up and make a public statement to the coaching fraternity that this program is a toxic wasteland. Pat yourselves on the back guys; you are the problem.

In the word of the dude from storage wars... Yeeepppppppppppppppp

Lollerskates - good to hear I was the reason we won 5 ACC games the past two years - where is my $1 million salary?

2012 was the year that many people kept their season tickets but just stopped showing up. 2013 will be the season that people just don't buy the tickets to begin with.

I know quite a few folks who didn't buy tickets last year. A good friend of mine has a dad that is a big Wake booster. He said that his dad's donation level stayed the same and his season tickets moved from the lower level corner to basically court side between the baskets. Pretty good indicator of people not renewing season tickets for last season.

this board would rather have u as coach than Bzz... lol

No, this board would prefer to have someone that can win games and take ownership of a team and not blame everyone else for his own failings. I can handle his record, I can handle the losses - I can't handle the way he is doing it.

Everyone on this board would love to eat their words and see Buzz succeed and get us to the promise land - the problem is the chances of that happening are less than the chances he keeps plunging our program downwards because he is in over his head at the ACC level.

Now, one thing Buzz has done good is this: Gotten in early on CMM. CMM blew up on the national stage and will surely help Wake next year. CMM wasn't a high star or highly regarded recruit until well after Wake reached out to him. What this shows me is that Buzz is a good evaluator of talent. This also doesn't appear to be a fluke since he recruited and coached Alec Burks while in Colorado. That's one thing :thumbsup:

Nobody has every questioned his ability to evaluate talent. He is a basketball scout, afterall.

We question his ability to coach said talent. He has proven time and again that he cannot adequately do this.

Nobody has every questioned his ability to evaluate talent. He is a basketball scout, afterall.

We question his ability to coach said talent. He has proven time and again that he cannot adequately do this.

I'm not so sure about him as a talent evaluator. Look at his 1st recruiting class and the pulled offer to Lewis.

Hey dv7, in my attempt to keep up with the scorecard of trolls and parodies, what is djev? Blackgold seems mostly troll with a lean toward parody. But djev appears earnest. Is (s)he real?

I know quite a few folks who didn't buy tickets last year. A good friend of mine has a dad that is a big Wake booster. He said that his dad's donation level stayed the same and his season tickets moved from the lower level corner to basically court side between the baskets. Pretty good indicator of people not renewing season tickets for last season.

No doubt some people didn't buy tickets last season...that's obvious enough by the fact that lower level season tickets were available to non-DC members. But after two seasons of Bzz, even the holdouts who purchased this past year will begin to question their purchase. I would expect another big drop this season. The only thing keeping out #'s in the top 1/2 of the ACC is being located on Tobacco Road with tons of opposing teams' fans nearby.

Hey dv7, in my attempt to keep up with the scorecard of trolls and parodies, what is djev? Blackgold seems mostly troll with a lean toward parody. But djev appears earnest. Is (s)he real?

They've both jumped the shark at one point or another. dj keeps it believable more than blackgold though.

I'm not so sure about him as a talent evaluator. Look at his 1st recruiting class and the pulled offer to Lewis.

blackgold isn't a parody, but just a trolling moron that tries to pretend that he has a direct line with Ron Wellman. He doesn't.

djev is real, just google his name. He is some low level DJ or something. He went from being an ass, to then wanting Buzz gone during all the transfers, to now siding with Buzz because we are just so darn mean to him on here! The horror of it all, really. I don't think he has a very high intellect, but whatever, he is alright when compared to the moron blackgold.

There's a good chance that blackgold is a state fan just pulling our chain. Probably laughs his ass off that djev agrees with everything he posts.

Back