• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GA gun bill

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The Gov of GA is about to sign a gun bill that will allow you carry guns into churches and even government buildings. It also allows you to carry a gun into a bar. That's really smart.

Also is going to allow firearms in schools.

The Gov of GA is about to sign a gun bill that will allow you carry guns into churches and even government buildings. It also allows you to carry a gun into a bar. That's really smart.

You're being intentionally dishonest with your presentation of the bill.

The bill does not allow you to carry into churches. It allows churches to decide whether or not they will allow weapons on the premise. Furthermore, bar owners maintain the right to "opt-out" of the law which would make it illegal to carry a weapon into the bar.

It also allows bars to let you carry a loaded gun into them. It does allow churches to let you carry.

It's insane and extreme.

VA allows guns in bars provided that the gun owner is not drinking.

As far as I know, the world has continued to spin on its axis normally. When it comes to issues like this, I don't care about the responsible gun owner that now is able to take his gun into a restaurant, I worry about the gun owner (likely illegally obtained) that doesn't care that he isn't allowed to bring it into a restaurant and doesn't follow the laws already on the books.

Sounds like Georgia is getting ready to have zero crime! Bravo.

For proponents of the bill, what current practices is this correcting/making better?

For proponents of the bill, what current practices is this correcting/making better?

Falcons struggled last year, need to get more visiting football stars arrested for bar brawls. (We're looking at you, Cam.)

VA allows guns in bars provided that the gun owner is not drinking.

As far as I know, the world has continued to spin on its axis normally. When it comes to issues like this, I don't care about the responsible gun owner that now is able to take his gun into a restaurant, I worry about the gun owner (likely illegally obtained) that doesn't care that he isn't allowed to bring it into a restaurant and doesn't follow the laws already on the books.

I've never understood this. I worry about this guy an equal amount as the other guy. They are both human beings who do fucked up human things.

Remember GA has a big stand your ground law. If a "responsible" gun owner thinks he is being threatened at an Outback, he could light the place up.

I've never understood this. I worry about this guy an equal amount as the other guy. They are both human beings who do fucked up human things.

How many stories do we hear of legal owners shooting others? Florida movie theater. The man sitting in his basement in Minnesota(?). Newtown, CT. And just about any unjustifiable or excessive force case involving police. Ft. Hood.

do people think gun owners are more likely to shoot someone at a restaurant than, say, the mall?

I put the Over/Under at 90 days before the NRA backs some yahoo redneck to sue a restaurant for "opting out" of allowing to carry his gun into their establishment. They will say not being able to bring in his weapon denies him his 2nd Amendment rights.

Back