• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GA gun bill

Can't find anything about handguns right off the bat. Obviously hunting plays a big part in a lot of the states at the top. New England gun usage in states without wide swaths of nature and isolated areas is remarkably low.

Turner Field has banned guns, I had no idea off duty cops could carry at Turner Field until the controversy about this bill came to light.

Its pretty silly and the bill is an overreaction and the people who are upset are overreacting as well.

People who are upset about guns being allowed in all public places in the state of Georgia are overreacting?

Okay.

There's no print link yet (I'll post when available) but it turns out that a guy with carry permit was at a children's baseball game in Forsyth County (Georgia, not N.C.) who was walking around showing all the white, suburban, Republican parents that he was armed and telling them there was nothing they could do about it.

Forsyth Co. Sheriff shows up and says, "Nothing we can do." So the parents hide with their kids and eventually just call off the game.

And there's the story of the DeKalb Co detective who pulled his weapon on kids in a drive-thru because they were taking too long. 20 years with the department, carrying a gun and pulling it on kids in a drive-thru. Did I mention he had a serious history of mental health issues?

The point is, the gun-rights knee-jerkers love little sayings like "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." Two great examples of individuals who are licensed and legally carrying weapons and threatening people. Just like Mr. Movie Theater shooter earlier this year. When I travel outside the US or host international friends on vacation, I routinely hear- without prompting- how concerned they are about our gun laws. It's only getting worse with morons like Governor Deal.

Turner Field has banned guns, I had no idea off duty cops could carry at Turner Field until the controversy about this bill came to light.

Its pretty silly and the bill is an overreaction and the people who are upset are overreacting as well.

NOBODY REACT IN ANY WAY TO THIS BILL

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, and conservatives will celebrate those outlaws.

i'm honestly surprised PA's so low on that list

Carville described PA perfectly when he said, "Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between."

Philly and Pittsburgh probably have low percentages. The rest of the state is really high.

The lines to get into the Atlanta Hawks game tonight was exceptionally long because we had to pass through metal detectors. I thought I could bring my guns anywhere I want now, where are my rights?

Maybe they were just checking for knives.

Gun Ownership by State in 2007 (per USACarry.com)

States with Extremely High Populations of Gun Owners(more than 50%)
•1. Wyoming - 59.7%
•2. Alaska - 57.8%
•3. Montana - 57.7%
•4. South Dakota - 56.6%
•5. West Virginia - 55.4%
•6. Mississippi - 55.3%
•6. Idaho - 55.3%
•6. Arkansas - 55.3%
•9. Alabama - 51.7%
•10. North Dakota - 50.7%

States with High Populations of Gun Owners
•11. Kentucky - 47.7%
•12. Wisconsin - 44.4%
•13. Louisiana - 44.1%
•14. Utah - 43.9%
•14. Tennessee - 43.9%
•16. Oklahoma - 42.9%
•16. Iowa - 42.9%
•18. South Carolina - 42.3%
•19. Kansas - 42.1%
•20. Vermont - 42.0%
•21. Missouri - 41.7%
•21. Minnesota - 41.7%
•23. North Carolina - 41.3%
•24. Maine - 40.5%
•25. Georgia - 40.3%

States with Median Populations of Gun Owners
•26. Oregon - 39.8%
•27. Indiana - 39.1%
•28. Nebraska - 38.6%
•29. Michigan - 38.4%
•30. Texas - 35.9%
•31. Virginia - 35.1%
•32. New Mexico - 34.8%
•33. Colorado - 34.7%
•33. Pennsylvania - 34.7%
•35. Nevada - 33.8%
•36. Washington - 33.1%
•37. Ohio - 32.4%
•38. Arizona - 31.1%
•39. New Hampshire - 30.0%

States with Below Median Populations of Gun Owners
•40. Delaware - 25.5%
•41. Florida - 24.5%
•42. California - 21.3%
•42. Maryland - 21.3%
•44. Illinois - 20.2%
•45. New York - 18%
•46. Connecticut - 16.7%
•47. Rhode Island - 12.8%
•48. Massachusetts - 12.6%
•49. New Jersey - 12.3%
•50. Hawaii - 6.7%

Per USAcarry.com LOL. I refuse to believe any of this is remotely true. 40% of NC and 1/3rd of people in Nevada don't own a damn gun. I've seen 2 guns in my entire life. Ten bucks says they're doing donk math like #ofguns/people.

Last edited:
"He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.' He knew he was frightening people. He knew exactly what he was doing," said parent Karen Rabb.

"I own a gun. I have no problems with the Second Amendment. But they do not belong in a parking lot where we have children everywhere. If you want to make a statement, go to the Capitol," said Rabb.

The irony is astounding. This woman probably gets surprised when she looks in the mirror and can't figure out who that is looking back at her.

The stats aren't based from USA carry. And they're around the same level from a self identified test from 2001 conducted over all 50 states and 280,000 people. The median ownership in that test was something like 33.1 percent of Americans.

You don't think 40 percent of people in North Carolina, a substantial portion of which is very rural, owns guns? I definitely believe it.

Per USAcarry.com LOL. I refuse to believe any of this is remotely true. 40% of NC and 1/3rd of people in Nevada don't own a damn gun. I've seen 2 guns in my entire life. Ten bucks says they're doing donk math like #ofguns/people.

40% for NC doesn't surprise me at all. I think if you did # of guns/people in NC you'd probably get over 100%. I believe nationally we have something like .9 guns per citizen or like 280,000,000 guns.

Palma doesn't seem to get the concept of concealed weapons.

Back