• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GA gun bill

I have no problem with that as long as you don't misrepresent what I say. If you do I can call it lazy, brainwashed BS, because you are extrapolated things I never said.

If you refrain from misrepresenting what I said (which is an inherently dishonest thing to do), I will stop calling you out on it. At no point have I ever posted anything that is "tantamount to to repealing the 2nd Amendment".

Stop misrepresenting what I say or acting in a snarky, condescending way and I will treat you with respect. If you don't, you have no place to complain.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Says RJ as he misrepresents another poster while complaining about that poster

giphy.gif

I have no problem with that as long as you don't misrepresent what I say. If you do I can call it lazy, brainwashed BS, because you are extrapolated things I never said.

If you refrain from misrepresenting what I said (which is an inherently dishonest thing to do), I will stop calling you out on it. At no point have I ever posted anything that is "tantamount to to repealing the 2nd Amendment".

Stop misrepresenting what I say or acting in a snarky, condescending way and I will treat you with respect. If you don't, you have no place to complain.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Says RJ as he misrepresents another poster while complaining about that poster

giphy.gif

RChildress expresses my response more succinctly than I can.

Is it illegal to carry a gun into a church in North Carolina? Seems like a strange thing to do, but I never thought about it being illegal to do so.

Is it illegal to carry a gun into a church in North Carolina? Seems like a strange thing to do, but I never thought about it being illegal to do so.

Can't speak to North Carolina law, but in South Carolina, an individual is prohibited from carrying a concealed weapon into the following places:

Law enforcement, correctional, or detention facility
Courthouse or courtroom
Polling place on election day
Government office
School or college athletic event (excluding those events related to firearms)
Daycare facility or pre-school facility
Church or other established religious sanctuary, unless expressly authorized by the church official or governing body
Hospital, medical clinic, doctor's office, or any other similar facility unless expressly authorized by the employer
Places clearly marked with a sign prohibiting the carrying of a concealed weapon
Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law

I've just accepted that I'm anti-second amendment. I don't think it's necessarily an issue with how the courts have construed the second amendment, I just think it's an antiquated amendment that we don't need. The 28th amendment should overrule the second. I don't really have an issue with people saying "it's my second amendment right" because it is, I just don't like the amendment.

I think candor on the topic would go a long way from both sides.

You don't need a gun 99.9% of the time and the .1% of the time you do, 99.9% of people carrying wouldn't use a gun responsibly/appropriately anyway.

How many stories do we hear of legal owners shooting others? Florida movie theater. The man sitting in his basement in Minnesota(?). Newtown, CT. And just about any unjustifiable or excessive force case involving police. Ft. Hood.

Yes, all nutjobs. Push for some mental health reform (mainly the sharing of otherwise confidential mental health information) in order to keep the guns from these nutjobs. In the case of Ft. Hood, that's the army's fault. In the case of Newtown, didn't he just take his mother's guns? I know the Columbine kids did. I'm not sure you can do much about that apart from bankrupt the parents in the event that they survive the rampage, and I'm not sure what kind of practical penance that is.

I'm all for background checks. Instant background checks. The technology is there. If a dude has a mental flag, there's no reason for the FBI or anybody else to be told exactly what it is, unless a crime is associated with it, in which case the FBI will already have it on file. Just flag it for mental issues and have the applicant go through some kind of clearance process that is thorough and involves the flagging physician. There is no reason for just a blanket "cooling off period" or any other nonsense. That's just a fabrication of the left to inhibit gun ownership. If the right had any sense, they'd talk about the woman who needs access to a gun immediately to stave off her whackjob ex boyfriend, but they haven't had much of a PR braintrust since January 1989.

Yes, all nutjobs. Push for some mental health reform (mainly the sharing of otherwise confidential mental health information) in order to keep the guns from these nutjobs. In the case of Ft. Hood, that's the army's fault. In the case of Newtown, didn't he just take his mother's guns? I know the Columbine kids did. I'm not sure you can do much about that apart from bankrupt the parents in the event that they survive the rampage, and I'm not sure what kind of practical penance that is.

I'm all for background checks. Instant background checks. The technology is there. If a dude has a mental flag, there's no reason for the FBI or anybody else to be told exactly what it is, unless a crime is associated with it, in which case the FBI will already have it on file. Just flag it for mental issues and have the applicant go through some kind of clearance process that is thorough and involves the flagging physician. There is no reason for just a blanket "cooling off period" or any other nonsense. That's just a fabrication of the left to inhibit gun ownership. If the right had any sense, they'd talk about the woman who needs access to a gun immediately to stave off her whackjob ex boyfriend, but they haven't had much of a PR braintrust since January 1989.

hard to argue with this post. Although I think the Columbine kids got guns through an older kid at a gun show but yeah, legally.

I'm conflicted on guns because I really don't like them, but I understand them.

Southerners clinging to their guns and religion

And...? She bought them legally and he didn't steal them. They were in the house. A responsible gun owner is responsible until...

I think this is a bullshit defense. The choice to bring a gun into your home includes the danger that someone with access to that gun will commit a violent act with it.

I think this is a bullshit defense. The choice to bring a gun into your home includes the danger that someone with access to that gun will commit a violent act with it.

Sure thats why nobody should have guns. Murder rates in other first world countries are low for a reason and it isn't because of any socialized medicine.

Shoulda just let the religious gun owning nutjobs secede. Not as if they have any sorta textile industry now anyways.

Shoulda just let the religious gun owning nutjobs secede. Not as if they have any sorta textile industry now anyways.

They already tried once. We didn't let them.

If they (we?) secede, do they(we?) reinstate slavery? Or are we past that?

Should just go by the constitution and put it up to a vote, using the ole 3/5ths rule of course. Gots to protect that constitution.

Gun Ownership by State in 2007 (per USACarry.com)

States with Extremely High Populations of Gun Owners(more than 50%)
•1. Wyoming - 59.7%
•2. Alaska - 57.8%
•3. Montana - 57.7%
•4. South Dakota - 56.6%
•5. West Virginia - 55.4%
•6. Mississippi - 55.3%
•6. Idaho - 55.3%
•6. Arkansas - 55.3%
•9. Alabama - 51.7%
•10. North Dakota - 50.7%

States with High Populations of Gun Owners
•11. Kentucky - 47.7%
•12. Wisconsin - 44.4%
•13. Louisiana - 44.1%
•14. Utah - 43.9%
•14. Tennessee - 43.9%
•16. Oklahoma - 42.9%
•16. Iowa - 42.9%
•18. South Carolina - 42.3%
•19. Kansas - 42.1%
•20. Vermont - 42.0%
•21. Missouri - 41.7%
•21. Minnesota - 41.7%
•23. North Carolina - 41.3%
•24. Maine - 40.5%
•25. Georgia - 40.3%

States with Median Populations of Gun Owners
•26. Oregon - 39.8%
•27. Indiana - 39.1%
•28. Nebraska - 38.6%
•29. Michigan - 38.4%
•30. Texas - 35.9%
•31. Virginia - 35.1%
•32. New Mexico - 34.8%
•33. Colorado - 34.7%
•33. Pennsylvania - 34.7%
•35. Nevada - 33.8%
•36. Washington - 33.1%
•37. Ohio - 32.4%
•38. Arizona - 31.1%
•39. New Hampshire - 30.0%

States with Below Median Populations of Gun Owners
•40. Delaware - 25.5%
•41. Florida - 24.5%
•42. California - 21.3%
•42. Maryland - 21.3%
•44. Illinois - 20.2%
•45. New York - 18%
•46. Connecticut - 16.7%
•47. Rhode Island - 12.8%
•48. Massachusetts - 12.6%
•49. New Jersey - 12.3%
•50. Hawaii - 6.7%

Saw this on CNN today. It's from an article about the Easter shootings in Chicago with the Chicago police chief.

In the meantime, McCarthy is using the unwanted attention around the bloody Easter weekend to push legislators to pass gun control laws that he says will help police turn things around in Chicago.

"It's just insanity that there's such a proliferation of firearms that they're so easy to get your hands on," McCarthy told WGN Radio on Monday. "The studies show when there's more restrictive gun laws, there's less gun violence. It's not brain surgery, it's really really simple.

"It's going to take us a while to fix poverty and the break-up of the family units and education and jobs. But we can do something about gun laws today and we're just not doing it."

is there a way to collate that list with #s or %s of hunting licenses in those states?

Back