• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Galloway back to WVU

I don't know much football. I sure don't know which assistant was primarily responsible for recruiting which particular players. I sure was under the impression, though, that both Billings and Galloway were good assistants to have on staff. It seemed to me that Billings was notably effective wherever Grobe put him, and I assumed that Grobe moved him around for that reason.

I like Lobo, and I think well of him. I have to point out, though, that if performance over time is to be the standard used to evaluate assistants, as suggested here re: Galloway by some who probably do know football, I don't know why Billings is gone and Lobo is still here. Clearly Lobo's offensive lines have not performed well the last four years.

Hopefully the new line coach we got this year is going to make the difference.

why did I just read 4 pages of "PM please."?

someone who's already got a PM who isn't core just post it without referencing where it came from.

Screw it. I'll spill.

Apparently, one time Galloway was in a bathroom stall beside Lobo. Not only did Lobo not courtesy flush, but Galloway did not hear Lobo use toilet paper. Galloway concluded that he didn't want to coach on a staff that tolerated unwiped ass.

Last edited:
Screw it. I'll spill.

Apparently, one time Galloway was in a bathroom stall beside Lobo. Not only did Lobo not courtesy flush, but Galloway did not hear Lobo use toilet paper. Galloway concluded that he didn't want to coach on a staff that tolerated unwiped ass.

That's a load of shit if I ever heard one.

Supposedly, Lobo has "a wide stance" and Galloway didn't reciprocate the "stance."

Screw it. I'll spill.

But did he stand or sit to wipe? Now that's an important question.

There was no wipe.

On another front I take it we aren't expected to make any changes to the coaching staff of our own?

Outside of Camp our receiver play was horrible last year. Galloway's responsibility.

My thoughts exactly. We weren't really lighting it up on the receiving end of the football with even average catches except for Camp.

And remember that Billings came in as receivers coach and in his first season (2006 iirc) turned a lackluster group into a team strength. So there's precedent at Wake for a good coach making a difference with receivers.

Back