• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Galloway back to WVU

If we start losing recruits because of this something has got to be done. Other coaches saying we are not serious about football is ticking me off.

Yep. A lot of post-OB recruits looked good on paper and did jack on the field.

He came to be closer to family. Got here and realized we were not a football school. Worked a camp when he first arrived and they did not even have a shirt for him. There was a wake coach without wake gear. I understand he had just arrived but go get the man a shirt. Several other little things that show we are not serious about football

:wtf:
Is this due to not having a big enough budget or is the mentality from management (AD, HC, etc...) that they aren't willing or don't want to grow? I've had managers who didn't mind spending money on capital projects and this really drove the entire group but when you have others who are pinching pennies or don't understand you have to spend money to grow, get better, keep up, etc... then you're destined to be no better than you are or potentially get left behind.

Grobe makes $2.3M. Budget is not a problem for shirts.

I don't think anybody thinks that. The t-shirt issue is just emblematic of the AD's small-time, bush league, amateur-hour approach to football (and other areas as well).

I've heard an almost identical version of this from two other sources close to the program.

We just don't get how the whole big-time, BCS football thing is supposed to work. Kind of embarrassing.

That's pathetic if true.

Back