• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Galloway back to WVU

Every coach should have been nervous about losing their job during the Vandy game.

Agree on Gattis. He may not want to leave though. Things are going quite well there.

This isn't about the fact that the receivers may or may not have been off last year, it's that we're losing our best recruiter.

This isn't about the fact that the receivers may or may not have been off last year, it's that we're losing our best recruiter.

Don't act as if there's an argument that the receivers weren't awful last year. Other than Camp we had one guy who reliably caught the ball: the fullback!

I mean they were clearly bad, but a lot of that was just straight up drops. The route running appeared to be fine for the most part. They can drill all day long but at the end of it, the guys have to catch the ball.

We should take a look at Poe Sykes down at UNCC. Young, energetic coach who will grind on the recruiting trail.

Obviously we don't know yet in terms of identifying talent, but LG was best at building relationships and getting players to commit. Magnetic personality.

I love Galloway's energy and I am going to be ticked if true, but I don't think he is our best recruiter right now. How many of our current recruits and players is he responsible for?

I mean they were clearly bad, but a lot of that was just straight up drops. The route running appeared to be fine for the most part. They can drill all day long but at the end of it, the guys have to catch the ball.

The WR coach can't be held accountable for how the WR perform.

These are not the coaching changes I want to see at Wake. So we are going to let all the coaches go the players like and keep the ones that are not worth a crap sounds like a plan.

I'm an alum, and as disgruntled as I and many of you all are, people are gonna be very unhappy when this staff really breaks up. People say a lot about Lobo, but he is a great coach. It's easy to say from the outside that he isn't, and I won't attempt to defend him anymore than I already have, but the one thing that he brings to this staff is continuity from the days of old. If you look at the staff, the only original guys left are Lobo, Mitchell, McCartney. The rest are new additions. Lobo is the last young guy on the staff that was there when it all started, and was an essential part of building what Grobe has now. If he leaves, buckle up. Trust me.

I seriously doubt losing Lobo would be a huge blow. I could get out there and call 100 delayed shotgun draws per game. Any OC would bring more excitement than Lobo. But I now fully believe that Wellman and company are completely dismantling our programs so we won't be disappointed when we drop down to CUSA or FCS.

I can't imagine there's high demand to board this sinking ship. Good for Galloway to get out and upgrade.

The WR coach can't be held accountable for how the WR perform.

That's not what I sad. My point is that you can work on drilling all day for catching the football and running routes, but the players have to make plays. What should a WR coach do if guys are dropping passes all day long that hit them in the numbers?

That's not what I sad. My point is that you can work on drilling all day for catching the football and running routes, but the players have to make plays. What should a WR coach do if guys are dropping passes all day long that hit them in the numbers?

You just repeated your point and again said that the WR coach isn't accountable if the WR corps fails at their primary task.

Well there are a lot of young coaches out there, former Wake guys, that are tied to Lobo, Lambert, Calhoun and Hood. Like some people say, the coaches need to understand what it means to be at Wake Forest, and understand the limitations of being at Wake Forest, well if you lose Lobo, you pretty much lose that group of young guys that really know what it's like, along with a group of young guys that are doing well in the coaching world. Lose Lobo. Lose that link. And if you know anyone in coaching, you know it's about connections. Don't believe me? Let's name a few.

Brad White (Indianapolis Colts)
James Adams (UNC Charlotte)
Josh Gattis (Vanderbilt)
Drew Dayton (UNC Charlotte)
James McPherson (UFL/AFL)
Napoleon Sykes (UNC Charlotte)
Dominic Anderson (Illinois State)
Chris Barclay (William & Mary)
Scott Marino (Kenyon)
RD Montgomery (Bucknell)

And other guys:

Matt Weikert (Air Force)