• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I was hoping Ygritte would say her line there, but I guess next week we'll get the payoff?

Yeah, I'm kind of upset at the deviations from the book right now, esp after last night.

How does the Reek/Theon story come to be now? Do we ever get to see the Deepwood Motte characters? Pyat Pree stole the dragons? I wonder if they stick w/ the actual visuals from the book in the House of Mysteries

I was hoping Ygritte would say her line there, but I guess next week we'll get the payoff?

Yeah, it seemed like they were intentionally teasing the book readers.

I actually like most of the deviations, though I think I prefer how Jon/Ygritte went down in the book regarding him not being able to kill her etc. They had to add stuff to Qarth because it's pretty dry otherwise, and the Arya/Tywin added scenes are gold.

Seems like they're keeping the general overarching plot points of the book, but are changing some details getting there (Rodrik/Theon/Ramsay for example).

Yeah, it seemed like they were intentionally teasing the book readers.

I actually like most of the deviations, though I think I prefer how Jon/Ygritte went down in the book regarding him not being able to kill her etc. They had to add stuff to Qarth because it's pretty dry otherwise, and the Arya/Tywin added scenes are gold.

Seems like they're keeping the general overarching plot points of the book, but are changing some details getting there (Rodrik/Theon/Ramsay for example).

I really hate the change with Rodrik. He and his daughter played pretty largely into what comes soon and I think is crucial for Theon's psyche. Hated it.

Ramsay's change bothers me a little bit, but I think they might be able to work around it and still be okay.

For the series as a whole, I like most of the deviations as they were probably necessary for the TV narrative, but last night's were probably the worst that they've introduced thus far.

If you completely throw out the book, they are doing a good job of not being too confusing or playing up minor characters. I liked how the did the peasants attacking the royalty.

It does seem like they are going to have to go a completely different route with a handful of the plotlines, but it could be interesting. Making Tywin more likable seems like a weird angle, but I guess I get it.

They have made Tywin more dimension than in he books. In the books, it's easy to hate him but with the added character they've given him, he is much more complex

They have made Tywin more dimension than in he books. In the books, it's easy to hate him but with the added character they've given him, he is much more complex

He's also a fabulous actor, that's probably why they are using him more than in the Book.

Is that the guy helping Theon out is actually Ramsey Bolton...

Is that the guy helping Theon out is actually Ramsey Bolton...

Interesting, I think he played like one of the main bad guys in First Knight. Would make sense.

That Robb's new love interest is actually a spy for the Lannisters.

Interesting, I think he played like one of the main bad guys in First Knight. Would make sense.

Not sure I buy that. The Bolton's would have to had played a really elaborate long con to get Dagmer (if that's who you're referencing) entrenched in the Iron Islands such that he has the loyalty of those people. Would be a little too convenient for me.

I'm having a hard time remembering if Mormont was with Daenerys when they found all her entourage dead. If not, where was he?

I'm having a hard time remembering if Mormont was with Daenerys when they found all her entourage dead. If not, where was he?

He wasn't there but I think that's just a device to hold us in suspense.

BC = Night's Watch
Maryland = House Tully
Pitt = the Citadel
Syracuse = House Martell
VT = House Frey
UVA = House Lannister
NCS = House Stark
UNC = House Targaryen
Duke = House Baratheon
WF = Little Finger
CU = House Tyrell
GT = House Arryn
FSU = House Bolton
Miami = House Greyjoy

Reactions: Go
BC = Night's Watch; sort of irrelevant but good at keeping the north (UConn) out...
Maryland = House Tully; old name that carried weight in its time, now an old man crazy in bed....
Pitt = the Citadel; only concerned with proving themselves right (in leaving the Big East)
Syracuse = House Martell; old money that lives in lush wine country reliving glory days with arrogance that costs (how long since a winning football season?)
VT = House Frey; always feeling slighted by their superiors (UVA) even though they are in more of a powerful position. Will turn their back and break a promise out of spite (Ask the Big East)
UVA = House Lannister; old heartless money blue bloods that have no concept of reality. The masses despise them but yet regard them for unknown reasons.
NCS = House Stark; good ole country folk that attempt to do the right thing.
UNC = House Targaryen; old regime that is trying to recapture their place in the realm. Sometimes acts like a spoiled dick but once you give the "crown of gold" the bad seed is removed (See Butch Davis)
Duke = House Baratheon; bloated drunkard that has bastards everywhere...achieved prominence but has no idea what to do with it or how to maintain it. Fighting amongst themselves over who is better suited for the position and will embrace whatever fantasy & religion that tells them they are the best (See Dickie V. blowing them at the start of every basketball season)
WF = Little Finger; no history of consequence but pays close attention to everything that goes on in the kingdom. Quiet key figure that goes unrecognized by those around.
CU = House Tyrell; a little old money from agriculture and will whore themselves out to whoever will tell them that they are royalty.
GT = House Arryn; lofty ideas of something that used to be...a solitary an crazy family surrounded by crazy wild subjects
FSU = House Bolton; will switch sides in a heartbeat and takes pleasure in primitive practices such as filleting people (see Bobby's dismissal)
Miami = House Greyjoy; crazy as thugs on the water who have no concept of reality but still think they can rule the world

BC = Night's Watch; sort of irrelevant but good at keeping the north (UConn) out...
Maryland = House Tully; old name that carried weight in its time, now an old man crazy in bed....
Pitt = the Citadel; only concerned with proving themselves right (in leaving the Big East)
Syracuse = House Martell; old money that lives in lush wine country reliving glory days with arrogance that costs (how long since a winning football season?)
VT = House Frey; always feeling slighted by their superiors (UVA) even though they are in more of a powerful position. Will turn their back and break a promise out of spite (Ask the Big East)
UVA = House Lannister; old heartless money blue bloods that have no concept of reality. The masses despise them but yet regard them for unknown reasons.
NCS = House Stark; good ole country folk that attempt to do the right thing.
UNC = House Targaryen; old regime that is trying to recapture their place in the realm. Sometimes acts like a spoiled dick but once you give the "crown of gold" the bad seed is removed (See Butch Davis)
Duke = House Baratheon; bloated drunkard that has bastards everywhere...achieved prominence but has no idea what to do with it or how to maintain it. Fighting amongst themselves over who is better suited for the position and will embrace whatever fantasy & religion that tells them they are the best (See Dickie V. blowing them at the start of every basketball season)
WF = Little Finger; no history of consequence but pays close attention to everything that goes on in the kingdom. Quiet key figure that goes unrecognized by those around.
CU = House Tyrell; a little old money from agriculture and will whore themselves out to whoever will tell them that they are royalty.
GT = House Arryn; lofty ideas of something that used to be...a solitary an crazy family surrounded by crazy wild subjects
FSU = House Bolton; will switch sides in a heartbeat and takes pleasure in primitive practices such as filleting people (see Bobby's dismissal)
Miami = House Greyjoy; crazy as thugs on the water who have no concept of reality but still think they can rule the world

Good effort wish I had some time to do one but I would say VT has to be a major house. The Freys are just bannermen of the Tullys though they are pretty powerful in their own right. FSU is more House Baratheon to me being they used to be a major player. Duke is more House Tyrell in that they are rich and powerful yet soft in reality. Clemson is House Bolton fo sho.

Fyt93.png

Aww... I don't think Theon's sister is ugly. :(

Back