• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

netw3rk addresses at least one half of the ayra/sansa stupidness (ayra is acting dumb too unless she is slow playing the trap, and then it's just the writers being dumb... your experience with your own sisters notwithstanding). also, broaches a theory that ayra's already posing as littlefinger to test sansa's fealty

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-t...522/ask-the-maester-night-king-jon-arya-sansa

Matthew asks, “Is there a chance Arya uses a face to trick Littlefinger (via non-dead face swap) into a mistake, or are we heading toward a Sansa-finally-getting-blood-on-her-hands scenario via Valryian dagger?”

The Winterfell plot is wild. I really could not tell you what’s going on there or what anyone’s motivation is. Sansa being concerned about the letter she was forced to write while she was a young teenager and being held hostage in King’s Landing makes very little sense. Cersei, Littlefinger, Varys, and Pycelle were in the room when Cersei dictated that letter. Robb read it aloud to Maester Luwin and Theon. Luwin noted that the message was in “your sister’s hand, but the queen’s words.” Right after reading the letter, which demanded that he come south to swear fealty to Joffrey, Robb called the Stark banners.

The idea that this letter is not widely known is crazy. Firstly, several people witnessed Cersei threaten Sansa, and Robb surely would have mentioned it to his bannermen as a way to sell the justice of his cause. See what they’re forcing my sister to do?! Secondly, and just as importantly, people in this world are well experienced in the concept and practice of political hostage-taking. This is not some alien idea. No one would hold Sansa, who, again, was barely a teen, responsible for the words that she was forced to write while being held by the family that beheaded her father.

OK. With that out of the way, there is no evidence anywhere that Faceless Men can steal faces from a living subject. The “non-dead face swap” is not a thing. That doesn’t mean that the show won’t make it a thing. The scene in which Littlefinger tries to convince Sansa to use Brienne against Arya is strange. There’s none of the usual Littlefinger reaction shots, and he doesn’t say anything particularly insightful or, interestingly, anything that Arya wouldn’t know. It’s almost as if the show is trying to set up the suspicion that Arya is posing as Littlefinger in an attempt to get her to admit to betraying—or wanting to betray—Jon. And when Sansa (foolishly!) sends Brienne south, under this reading of the scene that would mean she “passed” Arya’s test, thus allowing the sisters to team up and take down Littlefinger. Again, there is no indication that “non-dead face swapping” is possible. But, man, weird scene.

Meh he doesn't really address it at all. Of course both of them are acting stupid. It's just very easy to understand why, given what we know about each character's motivations.

Of course Sansa is worried about a letter that probably wouldn't be that big of a deal if read aloud to her bannermen. She's insecure about her current position at Winterfell and doesn't have the information we have (I.e. That Robb read the letter and his bannermen believed Sansa was coerced).

And of course Arya believes that Sansa would be worried about the letter. She still views Sansa as the spoiled princess who was scared of anyone even thinking that she might have broken any rules. Again, she doesn't know what we do about the letter.

The writers (whether it's GRRM or the show-runners) don't deserve blame when their characters do stupid shit (go wight hunting, let yourself be manipulated into a stupid sibling feud, go back on a promise to marry Walder Frey's hot daughter, etc.) as long as that stupid shit is in character.

It doesn't make sense. They're not just acting stupid. Again, I didn't have an experience with my sisters where they could easily be duped into almost killing each other than over an inconsequential note, but everyone has their own experiences.

it's like a prototypical house of cards plot line (peak trash tv), where frank underwood is able to manipulate people to do wild shit against their own self interest with idiotic plans. like if you just looked at the plan in isolation, it's stupid as hell, but all the characters just drop one by one into this rube goldberg-esque trap. well i guess you can't blame the writers for the secretary of state doing something ridiculously stupid.

it's like a prototypical house of cards plot line (peak trash tv), where frank underwood is able to manipulate people to do wild shit against their own self interest with idiotic plans. like if you just looked at the plan in isolation, it's stupid as hell, but all the characters just drop one by one into this rube goldberg-esque trap. well i guess you can't blame the writers for the secretary of state doing something ridiculously stupid.

Agreed, which I think is why Eagles point about the speed of the season and travel not being so much of the issue as because of the speed, they are forgetting the strength of the series which was every decision and event made sense for each character and their development or what we knew of them up to that point

My wife can't handle any more incest -- it's going to ruin the show for her.

Ha; as I said I only got into the Series six weeks ago and am all caught up. My Honey bailed after 4 episodes (too much blood). Shit happens. :drool:

This is Aegon Targaryen, he used to bang his sisters.
350px-Aegon_And_His_Sisters_by_Amok..png

Targaryens love incest.

Childress is blindly defending this plot line the way RJ blindly defends an incumbent coaching staff.

It's really ok to admit this has not been the most well developed plot line, even though we all understand what they're trying to do with it.

Childress is blindly defending this plot line the way RJ blindly defends an incumbent coaching staff.

It's really ok to admit this has not been the most well developed plot line, even though we all understand what they're trying to do with it.

It's not Hemingway. Just gotta go with the flow. Enjoy the tits (where have they been wtf) and cgi dragons slaughtering and being slaughtered. Anyone that cares about any part of this making sense at the expense of entertainment is a babydik and should go back to reading nonfiction.

I was wondering what happened to Ghost. Seems weird to just not mention him

I agree to a point. Again I have argued all along that timelines for different characters weren't the same, episodes didn't line up etc. But this episode ruined it. There is no way in hell the run to wall, raven, fly dragon to save group happens before they all die

That being said I agree wholeheartedly that the worst problem is as the show ran out of source material it became more contrived/more like fan fiction. Still fun, amazing watch but contrived

Best so far

Credits kept showing wolf team. There was a dragon unit too. Are the credits essentially the same for each episode? If not, where dat wolf?

Guys its impossible for a flying lizard to breath fire. WHAT A DUMB SHOW. UGH.

No chance the writers throw "non-dead face swap" into the equation. That's just too convenient. She could literally be anyone at any time. Right now she's limited to dead people. There is no way they change that, as it's the entire focus of the faceless men, going back to giving people at the end of their ropes the poisoned water.

I think Tyrion could be in trouble next episode. That's where a large hunk of Cersei's anger is focused, and it would be a little out of character for her not to have some plan to capture or kill him when he's in KL. Then again, he is one of the top billed cast, which I don't know if the writers/producers have the GRRM in them to kill them off with a whole season left.

It's not Hemingway. Just gotta go with the flow. Enjoy the tits (where have they been wtf) and cgi dragons slaughtering and being slaughtered. Anyone that cares about any part of this making sense at the expense of entertainment is a babydik and should go back to reading nonfiction.

Guys its impossible for a flying lizard to breath fire. WHAT A DUMB SHOW. UGH.

spoiler alert. you can like the show and think it's entertaining and not like 100% of everything that happens on the show. it's called not being a fanboy.

No chance the writers throw "non-dead face swap" into the equation. That's just too convenient. She could literally be anyone at any time. Right now she's limited to dead people. There is no way they change that, as it's the entire focus of the faceless men, going back to giving people at the end of their ropes the poisoned water.

I think Tyrion could be in trouble next episode. That's where a large hunk of Cersei's anger is focused, and it would be a little out of character for her not to have some plan to capture or kill him when he's in KL. Then again, he is one of the top billed cast, which I don't know if the writers/producers have the GRRM in them to kill them off with a whole season left.

She knew Tyrion was in KL when he met with Jaime, and it would have been much easier to get him then, so not sure I am buying that theory.

I have zero problem with the timeline on the show, but I think the Arya and Sansa plotline is just bad TV.

Since Tyrion hooked up with Daenerys he hasn't been very interesting anyway so I'd be alright with him getting offed

I do agree. Drunk, slutty Tyrion needs to come back occasionally. The whores of Westeros miss him. Maybe he gets time-off on the weekends from his Hand duties.

Back