• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

So Cersi is pregnant. Dany now by Jon.
They gonna be besties. Going shopping at Target, sharing maternity clothes, knitting hoodies together for newborns.

I know the idea was to get Sam and Jon back together at some point but the way they just happened upon the secret marriage info and then had a conversation with Bran where he brought up Jon's lineage and Sam was like but wait, there's more! just felt kinda #contrived to me.

Yes, and it's another problem with the rushed timeline. Sam suddenly shows up in Winterfell, but hey he just happened to go straight to Bran, and Bran just happened to babble about Jon's true heritage but not to the Ladies of Winterfell even though he has known it for a while. And then Sam says, "Oh yeah, something about a secret wedding. Hey, can you see that in your visions, even though that vision shit seemed like you were tripping about 30 seconds ago?" Cut to vision of the marriage. Bran, "Yeah, dude, just saw it. You're right. Better tell Jon he isn't a Snow or a Sand."

Also, slightly annoyed at how Jon blows off the "can't get preggers" angle by saying, "And you believed the witch?" Again, seems forced, especially if it happens that she gets pregnant by Jon.

How is Bran not the Knight King? If he is not, his lack of urgency in letting peeps know what shit is going to go down is nonsense.

Bran told Sam he could see the past and the present.
So can Bran see the future?

Also, slightly annoyed at how Jon blows off the "can't get preggers" angle by saying, "And you believed the witch?" Again, seems forced, especially if it happens that she gets pregnant by Jon.

"But I can bust you out with my super sperm!"
- Big Bank Hank

Yes, and it's another problem with the rushed timeline. Sam suddenly shows up in Winterfell, but hey he just happened to go straight to Bran, and Bran just happened to babble about Jon's true heritage but not to the Ladies of Winterfell even though he has known it for a while. And then Sam says, "Oh yeah, something about a secret wedding. Hey, can you see that in your visions, even though that vision shit seemed like you were tripping about 30 seconds ago?" Cut to vision of the marriage. Bran, "Yeah, dude, just saw it. You're right. Better tell Jon he isn't a Snow or a Sand."

as we saw with arya and sansa we have no idea what anyone is telling each other off screen. with the timeline fuzzing to propel the story some of those revelations could happen off screen. not saying they should or will just that they might in order to speed things up.

hey fam look at my new girlfriend! we're totally gonna get married.

jon she's your aunt.

what. what?

the dragons do like you...

Cersei logic with why there were only two dragons was pretty bad. See we don't need to be afraid of dragons they are vulnerable, Though i guess she doesn't know they are vulnerable to a thousand year old magic ice king with incredible hand eye coordination.

Yeah, this season was defs the weakest from a storytelling standpoint. Again obviously trying to tie stuff up neatly by the end of s8.

Are we to assume that Tormund and Beric died? From their perspective in watching the dragon it looked like they were on the side that collapsed. But lately it has seemed like the main characters get protection and they didn't explicitly show death. Plus they have played up Beric living for a reason.

Are we to assume that Tormund and Beric died? From their perspective in watching the dragon it looked like they were on the side that collapsed. But lately it has seemed like the main characters get protection and they didn't explicitly show death. Plus they have played up Beric living for a reason.

I wouldn't assume they're dead at all.

I think everyone took it that they were on the side that collapsed because of the camera angle that was used. If looking from the "Winterfell" side of the wall, the right side of the wall fell. However, if I recall correctly, Tormund and Beric went to the left side when they came off the tower upon first seeing the dragon.

I'm guessing they are alive and hightail it back to Winterfell to spread the news that the wall has been breached.

Yeah I was talking to someone about it earlier who was sure they died there but I'm wasn't buying it either.

Bran told Sam he could see the past and the present.
So can Bran see the future?

He could certainly see the present of dragon being drug up, and he could have, you know, said some shit about that to someone. Like sent a raven to the wall, as opposed to just sitting on the wall as raven while the white army came rolling into town.

They gonna be besties. Going shopping at Target, sharing maternity clothes, knitting hoodies together for newborns.

The showrunners seemed to suggest Cersi was bluffing the pregnancy

Cersei logic with why there were only two dragons was pretty bad. See we don't need to be afraid of dragons they are vulnerable, Though i guess she doesn't know they are vulnerable to a thousand year old magic ice king with incredible hand eye coordination.

Her logic is that they would kill off enough of each other and she would be left standing.

Everyone talks about how long it takes to walk places, how a dragon can be alive, blah blah blah but the biggest suspension of disbelief ask the show has made to date is that Jon Snow's ass is that hairless. C'mon man. Look at that dude. He would have a REALLY hairy ass. But when he was humping the Dragon Queen it was super smooth and not a hair to be seen. Preposterous.

Did he have hair on his ass when he was eating out that redheaded wildling ?

Asking for a friend.

The showrunners seemed to suggest Cersi was bluffing the pregnancy

I don't remember that.

Either way her lying about it to coerce Jamie makes sense. But she had no reason to lie to Tyrion about it/he decided it anyway

Back