• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

What was the weapon Arya wanted Gendry to make?

Read somewhere that it is a re-creation of a Dornish weapon. Arya is on record of being a fan of the Dornish queen Nymeria, thus why she named her direwolf that. Dornish warriors are known for using short "throwing" spears as well as short sabers. The Dorns were also the first to kill one of Aegon I's dragons after hitting it with a spear. While training in Braavos, Arya was shown practicing with a short spear, but has yet to use one in battle.

Theory is Arya ends up using the weapon to kill either the Night King or his dragon.

It's still really annoying that the Night King was able to take down a dragon Uncle Rico style by throwing a spear from 300 yards away. It's also annoying that said dead dragon, that was submerged in a lake for a long time as well, can still breathe fire. At first, I thought it was going to breathe ice like Mr. Freeze's gun, but then it melted the wall. Of course it's all ridiculous fantasy, but those two things don't jive well with me.

I WANT CLEGANE BOWL

Every death anyone wants is actually just going to be Arya in that person’s face.

Tyrion killing Cersei...nope it’s Arya!
Jaime killing Night King...Arya!
Sandor killing Gregor...you guessed it, Frank Stallone mask wearing Arya!

Top 3 favorite theories that I think will happen ordered most likely to least likely:

1) night king will raise the dead Starks in the winterfell crypts from the dead and have them do a Trojan horse style attack from within. We will see Catelyn Stark come back and take some names
2) Jamie and Breanne die fighting next to each other. Jamie May kill the night king simultaneously
3) Jon has to kill either Dany (because she becomes the mad queen or night queen), or he has to kill Bran to stop the night king because he is the night king

4) everyone dies

Top 3 favorite theories that I think will happen ordered most likely to least likely:

1) night king will raise the dead Starks in the winterfell crypts from the dead and have them do a Trojan horse style attack from within. We will see Catelyn Stark come back and take some names
2) Jamie and Breanne die fighting next to each other. Jamie May kill the night king simultaneously
3) Jon has to kill either Dany (because she becomes the mad queen or night queen), or he has to kill Bran to stop the night king because he is the night king

4) everyone dies

Only half of one of those will happen.

Back