• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Top 3 favorite theories that I think will happen ordered most likely to least likely:

1) night king will raise the dead Starks in the winterfell crypts from the dead and have them do a Trojan horse style attack from within. We will see Catelyn Stark come back and take some names
2) Jamie and Breanne die fighting next to each other. Jamie May kill the night king simultaneously
3) Jon has to kill either Dany (because she becomes the mad queen or night queen), or he has to kill Bran to stop the night king because he is the night king

4) everyone dies

hoping for 4

I thought the Crypts of Winterfell has some sort of protection vs. being raised from the dead? Also, is there a time limit on how long a body can be dead before it can no longer be raised?

It think it's ok as long as you don't feed them until after midnight.

hoping for 4

It is strongly implied that Jamie will kill Cersei, and die while doing so. Her saying that Jamie and her came into the world together and leave together is the prime example. The book has the Valonqar prophecy, that Cersei will be killed by her little brother, and Jamie was born behind Cersei, so he would fulfill that prophecy and be more of a twist than Tryion doing it. The show however did not include that prophecy, but it did say she would have 3 children, gold would be their crown and gold would be their shroud, so it is unlikely she will have another kid.

The Night King will be killed by Jon or Daenyrs, if you remember the Azor Ahai prophecy, whichever ends up being the the prince or princess who was promised. My money is on Jon. Jamie was never a prince. You dont bring up a prophecy like that so many times in the show just to not have it happen. Brienne is the example of the "good knight" despite not being a knight, and is likely to survive.

Also, there is no evidence to suggests the Night King can raise any dead body, as opposed to raising dead bodies that were killed by zombie corpses.[/I] So it is unlikely the Stark bodies will be raised. But magic, so who knows. Catelyn Stark's body was never brought up to the North, or as we know, nor was Robb's, so we wont see her again. Would be weird for all of sudden for someone to say we have cat and robb's bodies in the crypt, especially with all the reunion stuff.

Some people will survive and rebuild, George told D&D the end and while they have not completely stayed with the books, alot of what they took will happen (Hodor, burning Shireen). George has not come out and said what they are doing is wrong, he just said there are people in the books who are alive, while dead on the show, which will change things. The final book is called a Dream of Spring, and if it is ever written, will likely have some sort of happy ending, hence Spring.

Jamie meeting Bran is just gonna be like "sorry for pushing you out the window" "it's ok, I'm not Bran" "ok"

isn't it?

Everyone is not going to die. It's going to be a bittersweet ending, where a bunch of people die, but at least a couple of the "favorite" characters survive. Pretty sure GRRM has said/hinted this.

If I had to pick odds on the survivors, I'd probably put Sansa #1. I'd guess that the iron throne is done away with for good, as well.

Back