• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

why can't bran just warg into cersei and jump out of a building?

he can warg back before she/he dies. or not.

Because Bran fucking sucks. Before they leave Winterfell, Jamie should pull him out of that chair and drop him off the tower again.

Look at Bran pretending to be a three eyed raven. He's a phony, a fake, a fucking goldbricker.

So I tried to compile a list of Houses that have been wiped out in the events of the show thus far, there are a few questions after the last episode but here goes:

House Mormont: Extinct. Jeor died during the Mutiny at Craster's Keep. Lyanna and Jorah both died at the Battle of Winterfell. (Jorah was banished from the Realm, but was pardoned by the Crown while in Vaes Dothrak so technically he earned his claim to Bear Island back although he never sought to act on it.)

House Tyrell: Extinct. Loras, Margaery, and Mace all died at the Sept of Baelor. Olenna died at the fall of Highgarden at the hands of the Lannisters.

House Bolton: Extinct. Roose died at the hands of Ramsay. Walda and Roose's trueborn child were killed by Ramay's hounds. Ramsay died after the Battle of the Bastards.

House Baratheon: Extinct*. Robert died in King's Landing after being gored by a boar. His children Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen were unsubstantiated post mortem. Renly was assassinated outside of Storm's End by black magic. Stannis died attempting to take Winterfell from the Boltons. His wife Selyse hung herself and daughter Shireen was sacrificed. *Gendry can be substantiated as a Baratheon thus continuing the line*

House Martell: Extinct* Oberyn dies fighting as proxy for Tyrion Lannister against Ser Gregor Clegane in a trial by combat at King's Landing. Prince Doran is assassinated by Elia Martell in the Water Gardens of Dorne. Trystane is assassinated by the Sand Snakes en route to King's Landing. *In the books Quentyn is killed by Vyserion while attempting to tame him in Meereen. Arianne Martell is not shown in the show, but would have probably been killed by the Sand Snakes during their revolt against the House.*

House Umber: Extinct. Greatjon Umber died during the War of the Five Kings. Smalljon Umber died at the hands of Tormund Giantsbane at the Battle of the Bastards. Ned Umber died at the hands of the Night King at the fall of Last Hearth.

House Frey: Extinct* Although I'm sure that one of his 500 children are still alive somewhere, more likely a daughter than a son, I think it is safe to say that Walder Frey's House is as good as extinct after Arya had them all over for some drinks at the Twins.

Those are the Houses that are forsure extinct. After this past week there are definitely more Houses that could be. The showrunners may not make a point to tell us forsure who from where survived.

Here are the top Houses in question after the Battle of Winterfell:

House Karstark: After the War of the Five Kings and the Battle of the Bastards all but decimated the House, the sole surviving heir was young Alys Karstark (who is married away to a Thenn in the books, go figure). She was no doubt in the crypts of Winterfell during the Battle and very well could have died at the hands of a Stark wight.

House Royce: Yohn Royce is alive and kicking right before the Battle but there is a chance he did not make it. I would assume that the showrunners would have given him an onscreen death so my best guess is House Royce is safe, but we will see.

House Tully: Obviously as far as we know Edmure and his wife and child are all still alive but I'm wondering if we ever see him and anyone associated with House Tully again as the show wraps. You would think as much of a key player he was throughout the show that the showrunners would give him some screen time before the series finale if he were still alive...

Did I miss anyone? LMK

Karstark was at the tree with Theon and she got got.

Rumor is Edmure shows up this season.

You are totally forgetting about cousins, nephews and nieces for some of them. Are we doing books or shows? Because there are alot of different people in both. Yohn Royce's son is alive in the books, but isn't a character in the show. Martell's majordomo is a Martell, but isn't in the show. What is Robin Arryn doing during all this? We sure Baelish didn't push him off a cliff in season 7.

Arya really shouldn't have screamed mid-ninja leap like she did. Kind of goes against her insane sneak abilities. Fortunately she can switch hands like Jordan vs the Lakers, if needed.

I don't understand why Jordan switched hands? There was no one even close to contesting the shot.

They never really made an impression one way or another on me, probably because all my hate is normally focused on Bran, but man, people HAAAAATE the Sand Snakes, huh?

Yeah I'm sure at least one or two of the Freys are left (who were out and about in the world) but Arya summoned all of the heirs to the hall when she poisoned them so it's possible that none are left at all.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to convey that every Frey was in that room and in turn, now dead.

Explicit but funny. If you liked the episode, your opinion may change as it’s ridiculousness is highlighted.

So I tried to compile a list of Houses that have been wiped out in the events of the show thus far, there are a few questions after the last episode but here goes:

House Mormont: Extinct. Jeor died during the Mutiny at Craster's Keep. Lyanna and Jorah both died at the Battle of Winterfell. (Jorah was banished from the Realm, but was pardoned by the Crown while in Vaes Dothrak so technically he earned his claim to Bear Island back although he never sought to act on it.)

House Tyrell: Extinct. Loras, Margaery, and Mace all died at the Sept of Baelor. Olenna died at the fall of Highgarden at the hands of the Lannisters.

House Bolton: Extinct. Roose died at the hands of Ramsay. Walda and Roose's trueborn child were killed by Ramay's hounds. Ramsay died after the Battle of the Bastards.

House Baratheon: Extinct*. Robert died in King's Landing after being gored by a boar. His children Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen were unsubstantiated post mortem. Renly was assassinated outside of Storm's End by black magic. Stannis died attempting to take Winterfell from the Boltons. His wife Selyse hung herself and daughter Shireen was sacrificed. *Gendry can be substantiated as a Baratheon thus continuing the line*

House Martell: Extinct* Oberyn dies fighting as proxy for Tyrion Lannister against Ser Gregor Clegane in a trial by combat at King's Landing. Prince Doran is assassinated by Elia Martell in the Water Gardens of Dorne. Trystane is assassinated by the Sand Snakes en route to King's Landing. *In the books Quentyn is killed by Vyserion while attempting to tame him in Meereen. Arianne Martell is not shown in the show, but would have probably been killed by the Sand Snakes during their revolt against the House.*

House Umber: Extinct. Greatjon Umber died during the War of the Five Kings. Smalljon Umber died at the hands of Tormund Giantsbane at the Battle of the Bastards. Ned Umber died at the hands of the Night King at the fall of Last Hearth.

House Frey: Extinct* Although I'm sure that one of his 500 children are still alive somewhere, more likely a daughter than a son, I think it is safe to say that Walder Frey's House is as good as extinct after Arya had them all over for some drinks at the Twins.

Those are the Houses that are forsure extinct. After this past week there are definitely more Houses that could be. The showrunners may not make a point to tell us forsure who from where survived.

Here are the top Houses in question after the Battle of Winterfell:

House Karstark: After the War of the Five Kings and the Battle of the Bastards all but decimated the House, the sole surviving heir was young Alys Karstark (who is married away to a Thenn in the books, go figure). She was no doubt in the crypts of Winterfell during the Battle and very well could have died at the hands of a Stark wight.

House Royce: Yohn Royce is alive and kicking right before the Battle but there is a chance he did not make it. I would assume that the showrunners would have given him an onscreen death so my best guess is House Royce is safe, but we will see.

House Tully: Obviously as far as we know Edmure and his wife and child are all still alive but I'm wondering if we ever see him and anyone associated with House Tully again as the show wraps. You would think as much of a key player he was throughout the show that the showrunners would give him some screen time before the series finale if he were still alive...

Did I miss anyone? LMK

Good summary, but wasn't Elia Martell Oberyn's sister who was killed by The Mountain? Just picking nits.

Also, a theory I've been kicking around for a bit...what if Cersei's forces are too strong for the remaining good guys to defeat and they pull a COTF and create a new Night King....Jon maybe? Probably a really stupid idea, but just trying to think of a "bittersweet" ending that would also not leave the whole lore of the Night King as an empty plot device that built up for season after season only to be "I don't like that guy, I'm gonna try to kill him" re: NK trying to kill Bran.

thoughts?

Good summary, but wasn't Elia Martell Oberyn's sister who was killed by The Mountain? Just picking nits.

Also, a theory I've been kicking around for a bit...what if Cersei's forces are too strong for the remaining good guys to defeat and they pull a COTF and create a new Night King....Jon maybe? Probably a really stupid idea, but just trying to think of a "bittersweet" ending that would also not leave the whole lore of the Night King as an empty plot device that built up for season after season only to be "I don't like that guy, I'm gonna try to kill him" re: NK trying to kill Bran.

thoughts?

Saw a post/thread somewhere talking about making the battle of Winterfell episode better and one of the theories was what if Arya did get the stab in on the Night King and he died, but it didn't kill all the other wights like they thought it would. Instead, the dragonglass shard that created the Night King originally was still embedded in him and it fell to the ground and long story short, after some more fighting and getting the right folks together, Bran or someone with magic put it into Jon and made him the new Night King. All the wight forces bowed to him and he led them back north to save Westeros, begin his watch as the Night King, and also remove a key player from the remaining Westeros fight for the throne.

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-one-key-battle-of-winterfell-detail-you-missed/

Thought this was interesting.

"Before Arya lunges at the Night King, we see Jon Snow trying to make his way into the godswood, where Bran Stark and the Night King are. The path is blocked by Viserion, the White Walker dragon. Jon tries to run past him, but he's spotted by the dragon. Jon ends up trapped behind the battered remnants of a wall and decides, with nowhere left to run, to confront Viserion. Except he doesn't raise his sword, he just stands up and yells.

Here's what you may have missed: Jon yells "Go!" One long one and then another short one. In the very next scene we see one of the White Walker's hair flicker in wind -- wind created by Arya as she makes her way to the Night King.

In other words, Jon saw Arya and distracted the dragon so that she could make her way through.

Not only would this make sense in terms of clearing a path for Arya, it would also absolve him from the stupidity of trying to kill a dragon by yelling at it."

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-one-key-battle-of-winterfell-detail-you-missed/

"Before Arya lunges at the Night King, we see Jon Snow trying to make his way into the godswood, where Bran Stark and the Night King are. The path is blocked by Viserion, the White Walker dragon. Jon tries to run past him, but he's spotted by the dragon. Jon ends up trapped behind the battered remnants of a wall and decides, with nowhere left to run, to confront Viserion. Except he doesn't raise his sword, he just stands up and yells.

Here's what you may have missed: Jon yells "Go!" One long one and then another short one. In the very next scene we see one of the White Walker's hair flicker in wind -- wind created by Arya as she makes her way to the Night King.

In other words, Jon saw Arya and distracted the dragon so that she could make her way through.

Not only would this make sense in terms of clearing a path for Arya, it would also absolve him from the stupidity of trying to kill a dragon by yelling at it."

white privilege

nah, he just yells at the dragon. i assumed it was frustration/going to die anyway aggression. Arya did her own thing without his direction/help.

Last edited:
Back