• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Remember that theory that Missandei is the faceless man ? Guess that one was a total waste of time too.

From this snarky review...

...Another bolt whizzes past Dany's ear, and we see the Iron Fleet — each ship carrying a ballista on its foredeck — and there, seated behind the one on the lead ship, is Euron Greyjoy himself, who for the rest of this recap will be referred to as Urine Greyjoy, to reflect the fact that once we get rid of him, we will all feel a tremendous sense of relief...

Lol

Tyrion really is a shit hand. His father was so much better. Euron twice got the drop on Dany's fleets. Maybe the second time have a scout? Also, Tyrion, Cersei already blew up half of King's Landing when she blew up the Sept, how are you arguing she isn't a monster?

Jamie must have been really disappointed in bed to go running back to King's Landing like that.

I am really feeling for Dany wanting to go crazy and burn everyone up. Her allies dont want to help her, her advisers are restricting her, her friends and family are dying around her, and she finds out the man she fell for is her nephew with a better claim to the throne, and people like him more. Really wouldn't be surprised if she burns everything down and kills everyone.

Lololol
Good job, good effort, editors.

ALSO if Sansa is so smart, how come she cant figure out a way to make Dany her ally. You would think that would be mutually beneficial.

and RIP in Peace Missandei, but if you have to go out, saying burn them all is a pretty good way to do it.

I didn’t like the Jaime/Brienne thing at all. The drinking game that preceded it with its “are you a virgin?” element was straight out of 10th grade. If Jaime didn’t bang her when he thought the world was going to end, he definitely isn’t now that he survived. Definitely a cringe inducer, and there seems to be no reason for it. It’s not like it made Jaime’s departure easier to write in.

Oh, and let’s fly our dragons around without doing some basic recon, Dany.

Cersei is calm and cool while Dany is fuming and irrational. Jon’s problems may solve themselves.

So Jon/Aegon becomes Azor Ahai by killing Dany to kill Cersei?

Dammit, I just don't want that stupid prophecy to be all for nothing at the end.....that's terrible storytelling!

I didn’t like the Jaime/Brienne thing at all. The drinking game that preceded it with its “are you a virgin?” element was straight out of 10th grade. If Jaime didn’t bang her when he thought the world was going to end, he definitely isn’t now that he survived. Definitely a cringe inducer, and there seems to be no reason for it. It’s not like it made Jaime’s departure easier to write in.

Oh, and let’s fly our dragons around without doing some basic recon, Dany.

Cersei is calm and cool while Dany is fuming and irrational. Jon’s problems may solve themselves.

This.

Like the friendship/respect story for those two more. I thought this episode was a disservice to the Brienne character, and unless Jamie is going to go kill Cercei, to his as well.

Yea, everyone I watched with was like "Ugh, he still loves Cersei, he's going to save her/help her"....but I'm over here in the group that he's thinking "I'm the only one that has ever been able to get through to her, I'm the only one that can stop her, I have to go kill her to save the realm"

Jamie killed the last targ because he was going crazy and about to burn the city. I took his leaving as evidence that he will once again do the right thing to save innocents. Confirmation of the little brother killing cersei prophesy if you will.

I also did not like the jamie and brienne banging thing. I was team tormund. I thought they were making her warm up to the idea of tormund appreciating all brienne is rather than Westeros trying to fit her into the patriarchal society.

Also, can we get an f u bran thread tacked? Seriously though, what a jack ass. Send some scout ravens. Dragons fly around a corner and get hammered. Glad they saw that coming. Also, danny started to attack before pulling up without even one breath of fire. Surely she could have taken at least one ship before they reloaded.

Also, can we get an f u bran thread tacked? Seriously though, what a jack ass. Send some scout ravens. Dragons fly around a corner and get hammered. Glad they saw that coming. Also, danny started to attack before pulling up without even one breath of fire. Surely she could have taken at least one ship before they reloaded.

I thought they reloaded those ballistae really fast. I didn't think they'd be so effective against ships.

Tyrion really is a shit hand. His father was so much better. Euron twice got the drop on Dany's fleets. Maybe the second time have a scout? Also, Tyrion, Cersei already blew up half of King's Landing when she blew up the Sept, how are you arguing she isn't a monster?

Jamie must have been really disappointed in bed to go running back to King's Landing like that.

I am really feeling for Dany wanting to go crazy and burn everyone up. Her allies dont want to help her, her advisers are restricting her, her friends and family are dying around her, and she finds out the man she fell for is her nephew with a better claim to the throne, and people like him more. Really wouldn't be surprised if she burns everything down and kills everyone.

I definitely think Dany is going to say her way or the highway and let the dragon burn everyone in Kings Landing -- women, children, etc., and then people will call her the Mad Queen, and we go from there.

I thought they reloaded those ballistae really fast. I didn't think they'd be so effective against ships.

To get everything done in so few episodes they're just butchering the actual material at this point. A handful of ships firing dozens and dozens of those super crossbows with pinpoint accuracy from water is just ridiculous. Supposedly it takes a shot through the eye to kill a dragon in the books, but the show writers are just like "oh these are bigger arrows/turrets that reload instantly" so problem solved... Euron is an awful character in the show compared to the book version as well - why not throw in at least a piece of his mystical shit to justify how he pulls off an ambush on a clear day with Dragons flying around. It's just another missed opportunity in a rushed season jam-packed with missed opportunities. Apparently even Arya killing the Night King wasn't a Martin choice.

It's still exceedingly entertaining, but at this point the show is just wrapping up everything in a very made-for-tv way.

It's not going to happen but I really wish she'd realize that Westeros kinda sucks and just burn everything to hell while debilitating all the dbags who were unappreciative of her help & sacrifices, including Sansa, and then go back to Essos to live/rule and find Daario. Essos really seems like a better place with better cities and a lot less issues to deal with (assuming that the Second Sons have kept slavery from returning to the former Slaver Bay cities). Can live in Mereen and then have Pentos, Braavos, Volantis, Qarth, etc that are all equal or better than most cities in Westeros.

DC where did Martin say it wasn’t Arya in books? I mean that makes narrative sense but did he actually say that?

Back