• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I'm mostly just pissed about Ghost. Why do that? Why write that? What? What is that accomplishing for the narrative?

why didn't dany just fly in behind all the ships and burn them after Rhaegar died? the crossbows are all on the bows of the ship and she could've handled that problem in like 2 min

DC where did Martin say it wasn’t Arya in books? I mean that makes narrative sense but did he actually say that?

Read it in an article today but can't remember which one. I believe it said the decision to have Arya be the one wasn't Martin's decision, and he hasn't confirmed or denied he will go along with that decision in the book.

why didn't dany just fly in behind all the ships and burn them after Rhaegar died? the crossbows are all on the bows of the ship and she could've handled that problem in like 2 min

Agreed

Read something that said her dragons were weakened by Northern climate and this couldn’t breath fire. If that’s true than it’s stupid and even worse that she charged into battle without resting and would be out of place for her considering her dragons are everything

I think it’s just same old shitty writing

They've really mishandled Bran, the Direwolves, and the Dragons. And they pretty much mishandled everything in that episode.

I'm mostly just pissed about Ghost. Why do that? Why write that? What? What is that accomplishing for the narrative?

Yes. This was the worst. Here Tormund take Ghost. I won’t even look at him or say goodbye.

What do y'all think Bronn is going to do ? Is he really going to kill any of the Lannisters or is Jamie going to take care of him ?

No, i don't think he kills any Lannisters. I think he's probably not going to show up again until after all the shit happens. I think that was his last big performance on the show/soft goodbye.

No, i don't think he kills any Lannisters. I think he's probably not going to show up again until after all the shit happens. I think that was his last big performance on the show/soft goodbye.

And then Jamie kills him.

I think Bronn survives. He's the most interesting character still alive other than Tormund

better than all these morose motherfuckers whining about everything all the time

all hail, Queen Sansa

Too bad RJ appraently doesn't watch GoT. He could make a lot of rape jokes.

I would like to know the logistical reasons as to why they’re wrapping up the show so quickly. It’s clearly a gold mine. I’m assuming it has to do with production values and cast issues. They could’ve dragged this series out for another 5 years and I don’t think anyone would have complained.

I’m fine with this being the final season but it feels very rushed with only 2 eps left. Could have used a few more. Same with Veep, which seems in no way ready to wrap up next week.

I would like to know the logistical reasons as to why they’re wrapping up the show so quickly. It’s clearly a gold mine. I’m assuming it has to do with production values and cast issues. They could’ve dragged this series out for another 5 years and I don’t think anyone would have complained.

Because they have no idea/ability to craft storylines without the the source material. They have to wrap it up quick before they ruin it with dumb ideas.

I’m not sure if it’s lack of Martin’s material or a need to expedite plot, but the complexity of relationships has deteriorated fast. People’s motivations are shallow and not thought out.

I’m here fir the end, but with trajectory, I’d probably be out if there were another season.

feels rushed but they still spent 15% of every episode with the camera just lingering on different characters staring at something for fucking ever

feels rushed but they still spent 15% of every episode with the camera just lingering on different characters staring at something for fucking ever

yeah the banquet scene was way too drawn out when you realize there's only 2.5 eps left after it was over.

Cersei cut to
Dany cut to
Tyrion cut to
Missendei cut to
Cersei cut to
Pycel cut to
Tyrion cut to
Dany cut to
Greyworm cut to
Euron? cut to
Cersei again cut to
Varys cut to

There are still 160 minutes left. You can tell a lot of story in that amount of time.

Back