• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

You know, Star Wars Episode I premiered 20 years ago today too. I guess May 19 is a date which will live in nerd infamy.

Meh.

I didn't get why Sansa had voting rights over Bran either. Whatever. I enjoyed 7.5 seasons of it. Really could have condensed last 3 into one good 2 hour episode. I guess HBO wanted to delay the mass cancellation as long as possible though.

The collapse that killed Jaime and Cersei was both lame and horribly convenient. It looked like an imminent death with no hope to Cersei and Jaime during the 5th episode yet when Tyrion went down there, the two easily could have survived had they moved just a little backwards when the roof started to collapse at the far end of the room. Also, that Jaime's golden hand managed to stick out for Tyrion to see was :rolleyes:.

Bronn was a sell sword his entire life. He has no clue how to handle an entire nation's money, nor one of its most important monetary, resource, and food centers in Highgarden. Westeros is likely going to be hurting with him in charge of the money & Highgarden.

Robot Bran on the throne is dumb and the reasoning is as well. Make him the Master of Whispers and History/Stories or something but simply because he can tell stories does not make him the right choice to be king. I guess this is the closest to not actually having a king so maybe that was the point? Probably not but whatever.

Glad Jon got reunited with Ghost. But his entire storyline and lineage turned out to simply be nothing more than another thing that went against Dany. Sending the actual rightful king to the Night's Watch is kinda strange. Tell Greyworm to fuck off to Essos and then tell Jon he's in charge as punishment for what he's done.

I have no clue how the Dothraki and Unsullied clone themselves but sign me up for whatever they have. Their numbers have exponentially grown since both being devastated in the Battle of Winterfell.

Also, Drogon peaceing out very quickly with the body of Dany towards Essos, where people love her and there are numerous Red Priestess, was interesting. Could definitely make an argument that she'll be brought back to life and then who knows what she'll do.

Bottom line, a decent but kinda lackluster final seasons + ending. The actors, the directors, the costume designers, the sound engineers, the music producers, the CGI people, and everyone else besides D&D/the writing were spectacular and deserve a lot of praise. It is a shame that those two dopes chose to rush to the end when both HBO and GRRM both thought there could be more seasons to cover the material in a natural and full way. D&D were offered at least 10 full seasons with basically an unlimited budget but said "nah, we good with exactly 73 episodes. We got Star Wars on the mind now!"

So why did Jon have to to take the black again? To appease Grey Worm? Once he left they coulda just told Jon jk.

He can go back in 20 years when the unsullied die off.

I don’t think there was a good way to end that show.

If Greyworm had any balls he would have taken his clone army and killed everyone after Jon killed his queen. Instead, he went to wherever to do nothing.

Glad Jon got reunited with Ghost. But his entire storyline and lineage turned out to simply be nothing more than another thing that went against Dany. Sending the actual rightful king to the Night's Watch is kinda strange. Tell Greyworm to fuck off to Essos and then tell Jon he's in charge as punishment for what he's done.

I thought this too. If you're going to make Tyrion hand to "undo all the wrongs he has done" then make Jon the ruler he never wanted to be

Nomadic, that is a valid point. Like why the hell would the unsullied not kill Tyrion or Jon? Why would they let anyone else into Kings Landing? It makes more logical sense for them to kill everyone or head back home immediately after Dany's death.

Also no mention of Dothraki? What happened to them?

They literally went with a "wouldn't it be funny if..." ending.

So why was Tyrion, a prisoner, running the meeting that decides the future of the realm?

He declared for the past few weeks, all he had was time to think. The rest of the leaders felt that was good enough not only to give his opinion, but declare it as official a few seconds later.

Nobody thought to ask if there were any other nominations? Edmure doesn't count

I didn't mind Jon going to the Night Watch because it, Night Watch, had served it's purpose of guarding against the undead and now, was just a figure of speech. My take was that in essence, they were making Jon free by sending him beyond the wall. Remember when Jon sent Ghost away, he said that a direwolf had no business south of the wall. Maybe a little foreshadowing? Sansa as queen was understandable. Arya sailing off was dumb. Bran as king - dumb. Best part of the night was when Sansa basically told her uncle to shut-up. Overall, thought that the ending, and last 3 episodes were way too rushed, too shallow, and too predictable. Thought it was a horrible way to send off such a great show.

so Bran didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell since he's no longer Bran, but he's cool with being King?

and the North will not bend the knee to another ruler from KL, even if it's a Stark? and now the sovereign of the 6 Kingdoms will be from another nation?

Did not like bran as king but its easy enough to argue he said no to winterfell because he knew he was heading to be king.

They never said jon was the real heir so he had to be punished by the lords for appearances. Good to the end that Jon snow. I assumed he arrived at castle black only to realize the nights watch was still divided about him after the wildlings. Makes no sense after fighting the dead but whatever it meant they just allowed him to pass through on his way north. Maybe ygritte has a sister.

The best part about losing winterfell is that they have to change up their religion. Need that 6 pointed star now.

Bran won the game of thrones, the same way I win at Fortnite, let everyone kill each other and then swoop in at the end.

Making him the king after his story arc is just total bullshit. So many season of him saying i am not Brandon Stark, I am not anyone, I dont feel, I dont care, but sure I will be king, horse shit.

so the ending was somewhat predictable and blah.

Bran on the throne but North wants to stay independent, but immediately crowns Sansa as Queen of the North? wtf is that about?

the council is exactly who you would think would be on it...maybe not Bron, but whatever. we knew he would end up somewhere at the end.

my last thought is...Bran has absolutely no army. Danny's group left, the North left, who is left?

Back