• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

also pretty cool how the guy who ends up winning(?) the game at the end was written out for an entire season

Yep - Bran has no army, and as Sansa is asking for North independence, Yara and the guy from Dorne, both with actual armies, are just completely cool with being under no army Bran's rule? No.

I was glad it was spoiled for me, because as I was watching I was thinking it wasn't so bad. But it doesn't hold up well at all on reflection.

what is the real head-scratcher is why anyone outside of the Starks and Tarly believes Bran about anything at this point. He barely speaks and when he does it's totally as an unbelievable parody of koan-like riddles.

in the end, it doesn't matter what they feel because Bran said "i'm here because i knew i was going to be king" so there can literally be no other result.

like when the game's final cutscene just ignores all the "choices" you made the whole time

so, when they said they filmed multiple endings did they just film the king choosing ceremony a bunch of times with different leaders winning? also, pretty sexist to be like "of us, who's going to be King?" when the strongest surviving House is fucking Sansa

Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes.

Who was green?

Just relieved it's over so all the disappointment is wrapped up.

No chance Greyworm is cool with Dany being murdered. Should have had a trial by combat between him and John, then John rides off on Drogon as a show of power with Bran pulling the strings. Jamie should have died helping Cersei escape, but with Tyrion using Bronn to immediately capture her and put her in front of Dany to be burned and give them some nice goodbye dialog. Have Clegane bowl be the thing that allows Bronn to take her.

Arya should have used some many-face action to kill Dany after she survived the burning of KL but have John say he did it. Council should have declared no king anymore to break the wheel. Yara should have surprised Euron and killed him instead of the stupid Jamie ending.

Instead nothing cool happened, no twists, nothing clever from anyone... Just a well-filmed and acted plodding through a bunch of neatly tied up plot lines in the most boring way imaginable.

D6-r3xOWkAAmzIs.jpg

Absolutely Noone:
Sansa: Bran's dick doesn't work.

This made me laugh

bran's eyes should've flashed blue right at the end

I was just saying to co-workers this morning it would've been amazing if Jon and Tormund are trekking north of the wall and come across one of the Night King's "pieces of artwork" or some other sign that the walkers are still out there.

I was just saying to co-workers this morning it would've been amazing if Jon and Tormund are trekking north of the wall and come across one of the Night King's "pieces of artwork" or some other sign that the walkers are still out there.

and then they're all "here we go again!" and laughter to freeze frame.

I guess if you're all busy being the three eyed raven you never have time to wash your greasy ass hair. Bran is the fucking worst.

he even checked out of his first small council meeting to go fly around looking for a dragon. plus Bronn is his master of coin and food or whatever. seems like a winning plan.

Apparently actor who plays Bran came out today and said he thought the original script was a joke script

You know what else really grinds my gears? When they did that lame thing where Sam bring out the Song of Ice and Fire book, which is thousands of pages, and then says Tyrion isn't mentioned it. Why the fuck would Tyrion not be in it? Of course Tyrion would be in it. What a stupid thing for a tiny laugh.

"I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel....”

Madame: What can we do for you?
Tyrion: I need a woman to lay with, for mine has left me.
Madame: Whatever for? And what's with the honeycomb and the mule?
Tyrion: My woman found a genie in a bottle, and he granted her three wishes. The first was for a house fit for a queen, so he gave her this damn honeycomb. The second wish was that she have the nicest ass in all the land, so he gave her this damn donkey... Madame: And what about the third wish?
Tyrion: Well... she asked the genie to make my cock hang down past my knee.
Madame: Well that one's not so bad eh?
Tyrion: Not so bad!? I used to be six foot three!!!

Why didn’t bran just warg into Drogon to bring him back at the end? Or warg into him at literally any other time prior to Dany torching the place? I guess we just don’t utilize that bran functionality anymore.

Why didn’t bran just warg into Drogon to bring him back at the end? Or warg into him at literally any other time prior to Dany torching the place? I guess we just don’t utilize that bran functionality anymore.

I guess Bran can't really do shit other than warg into ravens and not control them at all and be useless and monotone and now king I guess.

Because why would Bran need to do any of that? He was destined to be King and everything served his ends.

i definitely LOL'd when Jon said she would always be his queen and then they smashed faces like a couple soap opera stars

Back