• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

They have also cut out Beric Donadarrion who is a pretty interesting part of the story as well. As mentioned previously, they will probably bring it together at Harrenhal.

I thought last nights episode was pretty slow overall - there was some interesting happenings, but it dragged a bit -but this is probably more due to the other episodes being pretty fast.

Also, they are making the iron islanders kind of boring overall - at least for me.

they have not, yet, cut out gregor. in the book the night's watch group was staying at a small fort with walls. they were attacked by a random lanister group that was out terrorizing the countryside. clegane's group is doing the same thing. arya escaped with some of the "other" boys and they were hiding in the countryside when they were captured by gregor's men. i guess they may just make this group his men and cut out the hiding in the forest part.

they have not talked about beric's men but other than stark sending him out after clegane in the first book i don't think we saw him until the 3rd or fourth book anyway. we just heard about him off screen fighting. if they keep it in a am sure they can show that later and have it still make sense.

i don't necessarily have a problem with them leaving out one or a few characters in a given episode. the first two felt slightly disjointed to me because they bounced around with a few short moments with each character. i think leaving out a few out last night helped to smooth it out i thought. gave a little more time to get to know some of the characters a little better (for those that have not read the books).

THEY MUST ADHERE TO THE BOOKS 100%%%%%

rather than cut they should just not show stuff on screen. most of the beric stuff in books could be mentioned in passing

I thought this episode was great. The Tyrion stuff was awesome (I agree that Asha sucks), the Sansa dinner scene was chilling and Theon's turn against Robb was compelling.

Arya could be the whole show but at least she got some good stuff in there and you can't complain about Jon's side of things either.

I didn't even miss Jamie and that's huge.

I thought this episode was great. The Tyrion stuff was awesome (I agree that Asha sucks), the Sansa dinner scene was chilling and Theon's turn against Robb was compelling.

Arya could be the whole show but at least she got some good stuff in there and you can't complain about Jon's side of things either.

I didn't even miss Jamie and that's huge.

he is dreamy...

I just finished reading book 4 and that one kinda blew. For those that have read all 5, does the fifth one get any better?

Mainly, since Martin (stupidly in my opinion) just did half the characters, without really wrapping anything up, does the story just repeat itself from the point of view with other characters?

Last edited:
I just finished reading book 4 and that one kinda blew. For those that have read all 5, does the fifth one get any better?

Mainly, since Martin (stupidly in my opinion) just did half the characters, without really wrapping anything up, does the story just repeat itself from the point of view with other characters?
Yes, I've been reading Dance with Dragons for a long time and just can't get into it. I hate that he split the characters, and nothing important seems to be happening.

a quick note regarding the book 4-5 split for those that may no know. (No Spoilers)

martin was originally working on a plan that book four would occur five years after the end of book three. after a few years of writing with this plan he decided that it did not work. he scrapped the plan and wrote the story that occurred during that gap. after writing that story for 5 years he was still having some difficulty with some of the character arcs. he also had written a lot of stuff. in order to release a book for the fans (and publishers) he decided the best "book" would be fewer characters and their entire story arc. that is the basic reason for the division of characters.

it certainly was disappointing not getting all your favorite characters in book 4 but in hindsight, after reading book 5, it made sense to do. won't get into the argument about whether or not some stuff in both of those books was just filler. i think we won't know that answer until after the final book.

5 is better than 4, but not as good as the first 3. I'm optimistic since the storyline merges towards the end of 5 that 6/7 will pick up the quality again.

I was like :eek: when the demon smoke came out of that bitch's hooha. I haven't read the books so I have no context as to what that ish is. But I'm guessing from the previous post that it's a shadow baby, whatever that is.

I thought it was a really good episode. I watch it with my wife and she continues to get pissed because I will say "Huh, don't remember that" at everything that seems different. But, I thought they did a really god job so far of starting to tie everything in. I wish they made the Mountain more of a badass, but whatever.

Excited to see what they do with Qarth and the continuation beyond the wall. Also, very relieved that they made Joffrey as deplorable in the show as they did in the book.

I am curious to see how Martin ties in/explains the various religions. Already in the show (and in the later books especially) we see super-natural shenanigans and then there is the whole idea of the prophecy. I hope Martin can tie it all together without it getting too hokey and magical.

I am curious to see how Martin ties in/explains the various religions. Already in the show (and in the later books especially) we see super-natural shenanigans and then there is the whole idea of the prophecy. I hope Martin can tie it all together without it getting too hokey and magical.

Have you read the books?

Back