• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

And the plan was to use the dragons to light the fire but dany couldn't see davos' signal due to the NKs snowstorm

And the plan was to use the dragons to light the fire but dany couldn't see davos' signal due to the NKs snowstorm

I do think they kinda wasted their artillery a bit. Maybe keep that salvo up a little before sending in your Calvary?

Arya was never in the crypts.

Oh good grief - wherever the heck she was - with doors and hallways and whatever. It was clearly indoors - and not outside where Bran was. They should have at least shown her headed outside. Having her all of a sudden flying through the air was a little sketchy.

Oh good grief - wherever the heck she was - with doors and hallways and whatever. It was clearly indoors - and not outside where Bran was. They should have at least shown her headed outside. Having her all of a sudden flying through the air was a little sketchy.

Are you being serious?

She ran off after Melisandre reminded Arya of the prophecy that Arya would kill things with blue eyes (among others) and then said the Syrio line of "what do we say to Death?" so it's not like Arya just randomly appeared where she did. Arya pretty clearly knew where she was going and could have easily reached the Godswoods within the timeframe that she did.

Agreed that it was just too fucking dark. Couldn't tell what was going on for half of it. Had to put in vivid mode and jack up the brightness settings to 100%, so everything was all washed out. But a fun episode overall. Is Bran ever going to do anything?

She ran off after Melisandre reminded Arya of the prophecy that Arya would kill things with blue eyes (among others) and then said the Syrio line of "what do we say to Death?" so it's not like Arya just randomly appeared where she did. Arya pretty clearly knew where she was going and could have easily reached the Godswoods within the timeframe that she did.

Don’t forget that season 1 Arya was basically a feral cat running around Winterfell and KL. The inner keep of WF is essentially a maze and she knew it like the back of her hand.

I do agree that other than burning rando zombies, the dragons sure didn’t seem keen to breath fire. Like you’re 2-1 against another dragon and don’t breath fire? Or Jon Snow how about you stick the pointy end in the white walker dragon with your sword that dusts white walkers while it’s taking chomps out of your dragon

Bran gave Arya the dagger by the weirwood tree. She also snuck up on Jon in the same spot in episode 1.

Agreed that it was just too fucking dark. Couldn't tell what was going on for half of it. Had to put in vivid mode and jack up the brightness settings to 100%, so everything was all washed out. But a fun episode overall. Is Bran ever going to do anything?

Pretty sure it's dark for a reason. The dead are attacking Winterfell.

Arya shoulda face swapped with a dead homie and then the dead should have closed in as the Night King drew his blade and then one dead soldier breaks ranks and leaps SURPRISE its Arya

I thought at least one high level character was gonna die. Sansa's death would have changed the North's political situation a bit.

You think the NK was a waste but how about the white walkers?? Is the one Sam killed years ago the only one we ever saw die on screen? Incredible they didn’t sacrifice a couple of the heroes vs nameless zombies for a few good battles with the big dudes that stand out in the darkness. Makes no sense!!

I had a bunch of folks posting in my FB feed about how awesome of an ep it was. I’m kind of in the camp of there were a few sweet scenes, but overall it was too dark, not much actually happened, way fewer people died than expected, and the NK was less interesting than he could’ve been.

The Dothraki riding out with the flaming swords and watching them go out was cool. Leana taking out wight Wan Wan was great. Throw back reference to Syrio loved that.

Back