• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

they did but no one in westeros believes it was more than stories. it was also with the help of the bros bran went to find and magic and sh!t. the night's watch can't even man the entire wall (three castles with a bunch empty and crumbling).

Bro, the zombie horde will cruise over the Wall. I mean, there was an AVALANCHE of ZOMBIES in that last episode.

Why would the Wildlings spend so much energy going over the wall when they could build some boats and float right past it? They have trees to build some sort of boats, the Nights Watch does not appear to have a Navy.

Because its not real

Don't watch religiously but anyone know when the next rape is gonna be? Gotta set my dvr.

why are the westeros peeps so afraid of the white walkers anyway. didn't they defeat them centuries ago? should be a cinch with the improved technology. it's like if people today were freaking out because smallpox is coming.

I think it's inferred it was so long ago it's mostly legend. Most people don't believe it, much less know how to stop them. That's why Stannis and Jon told Sam to keep up with his research and why the revelation Valaryian steel works are such a big deal

Why would the Wildlings spend so much energy going over the wall when they could build some boats and float right past it? They have trees to build some sort of boats, the Nights Watch does not appear to have a Navy.

In fact the only two posts outside of Castle Black that are really populated are the ones on each shore. I assume they intercept whatever small boat raids happen.

That was pretty sweet. A bit disappointed that the MILF wildling was wasted though. Thought for sure that she and Jon Snow would be bumping uglies somewhere down the line.

In fact the only two posts outside of Castle Black that are really populated are the ones on each shore. I assume they intercept whatever small boat raids happen.

Yeah I think only three posts/watches remain with the others all being closed up. Jon Snow wanted to close up the Castle Black tunnel as well a couple seasons back but got the veto.

I think the best thing about that episode is how they shot it. It felt and looked like a big budget epic battle even though they took a lot of shortcuts not to show too much (particularly at the beginning). I didn't feel cheated, unlike some (if not all) of the big battle episodes earlier in the series.

why are the westeros peeps so afraid of the white walkers anyway. didn't they defeat them centuries ago? should be a cinch with the improved technology. it's like if people today were freaking out because smallpox is coming.
Didn't the prior defeat involve a dragon? That seems to be the setup...Dany with her dragons vs the White Walkers...fire and ice. The one question is who can control the dragons? Bran, Arya...or maybe even Jon Snow?

Didn't the prior defeat involve a dragon? That seems to be the setup...Dany with her dragons vs the White Walkers...fire and ice. The one question is who can control the dragons? Bran, Arya...or maybe even Jon Snow?

Bran makes sense, the one guy in the tree told him he would never walk again but would someday fly.

meh i hope they dont waste all the diplomacy and politicking between kingdoms and have everyone miraculously unite with each other as soon as the walkers show up and it just being a bunch of magic spells. the maneuvering for the throne is way more interesting to me than dragons vs. zombies. maybe im in the minority.

I agree that it's a bit lame if this turns into a people vs. the Zombie Apocalypse type thing. we get plenty of that on other shows/movies, and I pretty much avoid them all.

meh i hope they dont waste all the diplomacy and politicking between kingdoms and have everyone miraculously unite with each other as soon as the walkers show up and it just being a bunch of magic spells. the maneuvering for the throne is way more interesting to me than dragons vs. zombies. maybe im in the minority.

I agree that it's a bit lame if this turns into a people vs. the Zombie Apocalypse type thing. we get plenty of that on other shows/movies, and I pretty much avoid them all.

I have a feeling at the rate that the've gone back and forth between major white walker battles that Dani will gain the throne, Brand will be a badass with all his magic shit and then things will pop off between the people and the walkers.

I just started back from s1e1 this weekend. It's SOOO much better the second time around, at least for me, knowing who the players are instead of always wondering "so there's an old dude with a beard talking to a young dude with a beard, what's up with them anyway?"

Back