• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Plan for Tulane

Using the run to set up the pass is exemplified by the Triple Option.

Using the pass to set up the run is exemplified by John Mackovic's WF offense and those which patterned themselves after it (Duke e.g.).

Each was effective in its time and for a time but no longer are seen as good football except for certain programs or if you can succeed by just being different.

Fritz will try to make Wake pass early. Test the freshman in hopes of a turnover or frustration. If the Deacs can run against a stacked defense, Hartman will get open opportunities for completions.

Right - I'd expect pressure, jumping Dortch on quick-outs, stacking against the run. If the O-line is good enough we can just run it anyway, hopefully. If we make Hartman throw it 20 or more times I'm worried, but who the hell knows. Even if he's the next Riley Skinner he's still a true freshman QB making his first start, I hope we can bring him along slowly without asking him to do too much.

That being said, knowing Clawson we'll open with a Dortch double move and go deep on the first play...

If I were DC, I would want to see if my OLine was as advertised and would rely heavily on the run. Just pound away and see if the line and backs can just dominate Tulane. Use an occasional bubble screen to Dortch, but not too many passes. Like to see us with over 300 yards rushing the football. Also, would want to see what we have on the defensive side of the football, but keep them off the field as much as I can. Thoughts??

I want Hartman to hand-off to his left, then hand off to his right. Repeat. Repeat again. And again. And again. Repeat in second Quarter. Then the third. Let Newman or Bower do it for the fourth. Get on the bus to the airport.

Yup

so, with the possible exception of next week*, our game plan for the season will be to run the RPO and make the right reads

and if that means we sling it around the field 50+ times per game, so be it

*I do think the first quarter game plan next week will be same; hopefully fairly quickly we will be winning by a lot and go more ground-focused

so, with the possible exception of next week*, our game plan for the season will be to run the RPO and make the right reads

and if that means we sling it around the field 50+ times per game, so be it

*I do think the first quarter game plan next week will be same; hopefully fairly quickly we will be winning by a lot and go more ground-focused

Personally, I hope Newman gets to pass in the second half. And not because Hartman gets injured.

Back