• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Plan for Tulane

This ^ exponentially.

As the Program has evolved perhaps it is time for the “hapless Wake fan,burned so many times” to be left behind as some vestigial reminder of jilted pain— even Cubs fans have had to turn a new leaf.

Take the scars forward but more as an honor..for how many times the stomach was knotted and the head shook in disbelief.

We have real cause to believe that the suffering has served as a long birth pang and from this travail a New Deacon is emerging..a New Deacon who sees his team whipping the ass-end out of opponents as the Great Wheel comes round at last.

What was once “last” will now be made “first”.

I like Willie Fritz. It’s not his day in the sun. We have suffered and now is the time/age when Deacons are going to repay our opponents.

It will take some time and a few more bowl games.

This ^ exponentially.

As the Program has evolved perhaps it is time for the “hapless Wake fan,burned so many times” to be left behind as some vestigial reminder of jilted pain— even Cubs fans have had to turn a new leaf.

Take the scars forward but more as an honor..for how many times the stomach was knotted and the head shook in disbelief.

We have real cause to believe that the suffering has served as a long birth pang and from this travail a New Deacon is emerging..a New Deacon who sees his team whipping the ass-end out of opponents as the Great Wheel comes round at last.

I like Willie Fritz. It’s not his day in the sun. We have suffered and now is the time/age when Deacons are going to repay our opponents.

Heh, that's always been your theme Lectro. That's great. But my "theme" as a Wake fan has always been "remain vigilant". It's served me well. Once we take our eye off the ball our programs tend to tank. Truth.

Hopefully the pressure of putting our one game winning streak v. Tulane on the line tomorrow isn't too much for the young guys on the team.

As the Program has evolved perhaps it is time for the “hapless Wake fan,burned so many times” to be left behind as some vestigial reminder of jilted pain— even Cubs fans have had to turn a new leaf

Winning two bowl games /= World Series

Conventional wisdom would be for Wake to start conservatively on offense, let the "Beef Boys" do work, and run Colburn and Carney to start. Wonder if Clawson and Ruggiero will try to burn Tulane early with deep passes to Dortch and/or Bachman.

^^^^

Great video.

Dortch the Torch for the TD.

I like Clawson's insight that Wake will adapt a bit more to opposing defenses than many teams will based on the offense we run. That said, I also expect teams to struggle with how to correctly matchup with our sets - particularly if we are able to establish the run early and get good push from the #beefboys. If teams start stacking the box, it opens up the opportunity to swing the ball out wide to Dortch either through a screen or a just a quick hitter. It also gets the secondary leaning in a bit, opening up Bachman down the sideline or Dortch on a deep post.

Multiple DCs will lose sleep this year trying to figure out what exactly to do with Dortch when the threat of a consistent rush attack up the middle is also constant.

I like Clawson's insight that Wake will adapt a bit more to opposing defenses than many teams will based on the offense we run. That said, I also expect teams to struggle with how to correctly matchup with our sets - particularly if we are able to establish the run early and get good push from the #beefboys. If teams start stacking the box, it opens up the opportunity to swing the ball out wide to Dortch either through a screen or a just a quick hitter. It also gets the secondary leaning in a bit, opening up Bachman down the sideline or Dortch on a deep post.

Multiple DCs will lose sleep this year trying to figure out what exactly to do with Dortch when the threat of a consistent rush attack up the middle is also constant.

A top notch O-line like the #beefboys is something Wake hasn't had in quite a while. A really good O-line really gives the offense the ability to do a lot of different things.
Protect the QB until a receiver gets open deep? Check.
Give the QB time to read multiple receivers? Check
Open holes for RB? Check.
Get out and and block on screen passes? Check.

If Hartman can consistently get off accurate throws and keep the defense honest I think we won't struggle to move the ball this year.

I forgot how good Dortch was on punt and kickoff returns. Does make me nervous using him back there though ...

Kevin Hinton, get ready ...

What if we put Dortch in the wildcat? That would be electric, although size/injury concerns may prevent it. I'm betting we see some wildcat with Colburn and either Carney or Beal tomorrow night and throughout the season.

This ^ exponentially.

LOL. Pretty sure we read a similar post from you circa 2010.

What if we put Dortch in the wildcat? That would be electric, although size/injury concerns may prevent it. I'm betting we see some wildcat with Colburn and either Carney or Beal tomorrow night and throughout the season.

Why not just put Hinton at QB?

Just run our offense. We aren’t going to win by “running it down their throats”. 10 yards for a first down and we can’t run it 75 yards a possession gso I g first downs along the way. If we are a better team, we will win. Going hard core running leads to a lot of midfield punts. Feel like we will win this, but worried about the QB position.

Sadly, the edit post function isn’t working so I can’t correct that garbled crap in the middle, but I guess the point t is clear enough.

This ^ exponentially.

We are Wake fans. We survive on the hope of a better day!

The way I see it, we can use the pass to setup the run OR we can use the run to setup the pass. But we should do one thing first, then the other thing second.

Back