• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAMEDAY!!!!

I believe it because Clawson said he'd burn his shirt.

Due to our being on a tight arrival schedule and the possibility of rain we upgraded our seats to the endzone/Snead Room. Food was good, amenities were nice, but of course there was a "that's so Wake Forest" element to it:
We arrived when the doors opened at 4:30 so we could get a table on the veranda; mission accomplished. So I head to the bar to get a beer for me, chardonnay for the madam. They had a pretty decent selection; Stella, FootHills (of course) and Yellow Tail. One (or I guess two) problems: the two bars have no bottle opener and no cork screw. Fine; I scale down from a Hoppy and a Yellowtail to 2 Miller Lites. It takes 15-20 minutes, but they locate some Deacon Club guy who has a bottle opener and his key chain becomes the de facto opener for both bars. A while later they finally run down a cork screw, only to discover after peeling the foil back that the wine is in a screw-top bottle; again , "so Wake Forest".
But as a 40-year Wake fan, we took it all in stride and in the final analysis it was a nice experience. My NCSU son commented that in spite of the occasional stumble on the WFU operations/PR side, at Wake you are well taken care of w/o having to donate $100K yea; agree 100%.

Nice work. I would have figured Dortch would just show up as a blur.

I pretty much watched the whole damn thing i didnt see surratt out there

Due to our being on a tight arrival schedule and the possibility of rain we upgraded our seats to the endzone/Snead Room. Food was good, amenities were nice, but of course there was a "that's so Wake Forest" element to it:
We arrived when the doors opened at 4:30 so we could get a table on the veranda; mission accomplished. So I head to the bar to get a beer for me, chardonnay for the madam. They had a pretty decent selection; Stella, FootHills (of course) and Yellow Tail. One (or I guess two) problems: the two bars have no bottle opener and no cork screw. Fine; I scale down from a Hoppy and a Yellowtail to 2 Miller Lites. It takes 15-20 minutes, but they locate some Deacon Club guy who has a bottle opener and his key chain becomes the de facto opener for both bars. A while later they finally run down a cork screw, only to discover after peeling the foil back that the wine is in a screw-top bottle; again , "so Wake Forest".
But as a 40-year Wake fan, we took it all in stride and in the final analysis it was a nice experience. My NCSU son commented that in spite of the occasional stumble on the WFU operations/PR side, at Wake you are well taken care of w/o having to donate $100K yea; agree 100%.

Be glad you are not paying to sit in the Tower. The food service has been pretty poor and worse each year since dimwit Casstevens canned the local company 4 or 5 years ago. We arrived at 5pm to try one of the different buffet tables. There was a big sign near the elevators announcing the price as $9 per table but then at the cash register they insisted on charging $10. I raised a bit of a fuss about the "false advertising" and typically no manager on duty or decision maker available.

A $10 buffet? Half steak a person?

Watching the BC game and figure with our weak defense the score about 24 on us next week. Can we get the 25 points needed to win or do we go down maybe 24-13?

Announcers are making a big deal about one of their star defenders but can we take him out of the play enough to score some points? Or are they just better than we are and we need to win with turnovers and special team play?

They said the star defender for BC is named Landry and NIU just went fifty yards on one play and announcers said Landry was off the field for that play and then NIU got the six on the next play.

We all agree that we're not there yet and NIU is simply better than we are but can't we try to get Landry off the field next week and sneak into the end zone a few times?

I know as a Christian I shouldn't say this but I'm envious of NIU's team speed.

I know as a Christian I shouldn't say this but I'm envious of NIU's team speed.

That's pretty funny.

In keeping with the religious theme, BCs playcalling is so bad it makes me thankful for our coordinator.

Landry just made NIU punt so everybody agrees we have to figure out a way to get him off the field a few plays next week. Maybe tire him out? Up tempo offense? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

That's pretty funny.

In keeping with the religious theme, BCs playcalling is so bad it makes me thankful for our coordinator.

Excellent point -I do know that last year neither Wake or BC could muster much offense in that game. I'm sure they will say they've improved their offense and we will say the same.

I hope we're right.

After seeing BC beat an excellent NIU team I agree with all of you that on paper we should be two touchdown dogs next week.

Let's go shock the world!

Our defense will outscore their offense. Go Deacs!

Landry had 3 sacks and 4.5 TFL's against us last year, so he was a problem.

#firstworldprobz

I agree with most of the posts on this thread, however I'm not convinced our defense is as weak as some here think. I know it was Presbyterian, but I saw some good play. We have some new guys who should improve and I actually think we may have more speed on d than last year. Hope I'm RIGHT.

I agree with most of the posts on this thread, however I'm not convinced our defense is as weak as some here think. I know it was Presbyterian, but I saw some good play. We have some new guys who should improve and I actually think we may have more speed on d than last year. Hope I'm RIGHT.

Secondary and linebackers are a big drop off but hopefully much improved d line compensates for that and maybe better offense keeps the defense off the field. Hopefully we win the turnover battle next week and steal one.

Back