• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAMEDAY!

Why does the ESPN app not have stats from our game that was on an ESPN network but does for every other shitty game?

I guess it’s Labor Day weekend and a shifty opponent, but no real game thread and only 7 pages of comments is pretty weak. Not trying to overreact, but I can’t believe how poor the offense looked overall, especially the OL. Doesn’t bode well against ACC competition.

I guess it’s Labor Day weekend and a shifty opponent, but no real game thread and only 7 pages of comments is pretty weak. Not trying to overreact, but I can’t believe how poor the offense looked overall, especially the OL. Doesn’t bode well against ACC competition.

Agreed. The WR looked good. Hartman looked ok. The RB and OL didn’t look ready to play. The short yardage game is a mess.

Hard to gauge the defense. They weren’t really tested.

42 points ain’t that bad. That’s a bit negative, Nancy.

42 points ain’t that bad. That’s a bit negative, Nancy.

Clawson said it best in the postgame, we never dominated them physically and that's disappointing. We made some big plays and ODU made alot of mistakes. We only out gained them by 70 yards or so. Need to improve before FSU comes to town.

We always seem to take the first three games of the season to get things going. This is just one of the things that has to change for WFU to ever be considered a “power” in my mind anyway.

5.3 yards per play against ODU is comically bad. Especially considering 84 yards came on 2 plays. Only 4 more first downs than ODU (21-17), 3 of which came via penalty. Well under 400 yards of offense. I’d be disappointed with that offensive output vs UVA or Louisville, let alone ODU.

I’m so old that I vividly recall losing to Furman 3-0 in the first game of a 1-10 season. It wasn’t pretty, but I’m ok with a 32 point win where we called off the dogs after the third quarter.

We always seem to take the first three games of the season to get things going. This is just one of the things that has to change for WFU to ever be considered a “power” in my mind anyway.

I’m not happy with our performance but isn’t playing bad and still winning by 32 despite calling off the dogs exactly what a power team does? The fact that this is a discussion shows how far we have come.

I don't care that CBS scored. The wildcat needs to be sent back to some team with that for a mascot.

Yeah. Nobody throws the ball from the wildcat so every defense knows exactly what's coming. It's a fad that should have passed by now.

Well we found out last night what happens when you actually give Walker the appropriate amount of carries. 23 carries, 264 yards, 4 touchdowns. That stings.

I’m not sure it’s fair to fully judge last night on what was likely a glorified scrimmage.

The play calling was vanilla. No need to give more tape to other teams. I seriously doubt we would be using Heavy Deac that much against UVA or FSU.

This was a full speed practice. The team has plenty of tape on corrections that need to be made.

I went to a really crappy concert (for lack of a worse descriptor) and a game broke out. The volume and endless blathering over the PA system was a major distraction. My gosh that was loud. And constant.

Yeah. Nobody throws the ball from the wildcat so every defense knows exactly what's coming. It's a fad that should have passed by now.

If Wake wants to run "heavy deac" then d it right. Put a reserve offensive lineman in the backfield to be an extra blocker and really make it heavy. An extra 300 lb guy would make it work better.

Back