• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Games today

Statement from Steve Shaw, SEC Coordinator of Officials concerning final play of Vanderbilt-Tennessee game

"On the last play of the Vanderbilt-Tennessee game, in overtime, the Tennessee defender intercepted the pass, his knee did not touch the ground and he returned the interception for a touchdown. During the play, the head linesman incorrectly ruled that the Tennessee player's knee was down when he intercepted the pass by blowing his whistle and giving the dead ball signal. The play was reviewed as if there was no whistle on the field and as a result, overturned the incorrect ruling. By rule, if there was a whistle blown, the play is not reviewable."

Translation: We have terrible officials.

They also got screwed because the fumble was partially caused by a blatant helmet-to-helmet.

Touchdown and 2 point conversion good for Cal. Down 7 with 10:53 left in the game.

I'm not too sure he caught that but I haven't seen a camera angle to tell me otherwise.

This Stanford-Cal Ax staredown is one of the dorkiest things in college sports. You've got a bunch of dorks having a standoff with trophy while the actual game is going on.

This Stanford-Cal Ax staredown is one of the dorkiest things in college sports. You've got a bunch of dorks having a standoff with trophy while the actual game is going on.
Not only that but it's obvious they couldn't give two shits about it. I think there was only one person actually staring down anyone.

Is it pretty much a lock that Barkley goes pro? That team could win a 'ship with him next year.

Is it pretty much a lock that Barkley goes pro? That team could win a 'ship with him next year.

I think he's a lock to go. He'd be the number one QB in any draft that doesn't include Andrew Luck.

Tough to say how good USC will be next year, with or without Barkley. They're right on the cusp of having the scholarship reductions (on top of the transfers) take a toll on their talent and depth.

Back