• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Games today

Analysts were talking about Clemson possibly getting into the National Championship before this game. HaHa!

Do you understand that NCSU winning is bad for Wake Forest?

As ryalman said on the game thread.
They aren't bowl eligible with a win. They have 2 FCS wins. They still need to beat UMD to get bowl eligible.
But let's say both State and Wake get 7 wins. Don't you think they'll both end up going to bowl games? We're gonna go to a crappy game with either 6 or 7 wins anyway. If you can't enjoy Clemson getting humiliated because you think it's bad for Wake fine. I can. I don't think that makes me a bad fan. F Clemson and their arrogant fans.

Clemson...what the fuck, over.

How can you go from 115 points in two games, to inept for large stretches of the next three contests?

I like Wake more than I dislike Clemson. Wake has a chance to end up in Charlotte or somewhere other than Shreveport. NCSU winning an otherwise meaningless game with Clemson (knowing they have a very winnable game next week against Maryland) only reduces the chances of Wake playing in a somewhat desirable bowl game. But, if you'd rather NCSU win so that you can rag on Clemson fans, go for it.

Here's another way of looking at. What good is it gonna do to wring your hands over what impact this might possibly have on Wake? Clemson is gonna lose. If they're gonna lose anyway don't you want to see them lose it in as spectacular fashion as possible? Why not sit back and enjoy seeing them get crushed.

Here's another way of looking at. What good is it gonna do to wring your hands over what impact this might possibly have on Wake? Clemson is gonna lose. If they're gonna lose anyway don't you want to see them lose it in as spectacular fashion as possible? Why not sit back and enjoy seeing them get crushed.

as someone living in upstate SC, this is the attitude I'm taking

I'm not wringing my hands. I'm just not celebrating an outcome that would potentially be detrimental to Wake Forest.

Not to mention the fact that this game means nothing for Clemson. They've already locked up a spot in the ACCCG.

HaHa! State with the interception at the 1 yard line. Clemson can't do anything right this game!

I'm not wringing my hands. I'm just not celebrating an outcome that would potentially be detrimental to Wake Forest.

Not to mention the fact that this game means nothing for Clemson. They've already locked up a spot in the ACCCG.

Fair enough. I guess my dislike of Clemson has blinded me to the implications of this upset. :thumbsup:

Clemson...what the fuck, over.

How can you go from 115 points in two games, to inept for large stretches of the next three contests?

I see you've only recently started following Clemson football.

I see you've only recently started following Clemson football.

Are there a lot of other times in their history they've scored 55+ in back to back games and then lost 2 of the next three and sucked for 3 quarters in the one win?

Last edited:
Shit, State just did it AGAIN! This is unbelievable. Clemson looks completely inept.

Are there a lot of other teams in their history they've scored 55+ in back to back games and then lost 2 of the next three and sucked for 3 quarters in the one win?

Don't know, but if there's a team that can do a completely inexplicable 180 degree turn, it's Clemson. For long time fans of ACC football, this is just Clemson being Clemson. Unfortunately for Wake, they apparently hit their nadir one week too late.

State has lost to MD on the last week of the season before, needing a win to be bowl eligible. If it happened once, it could happen again!

Virginia @ Florida State - ESPN2 7:00pm

Unless you particularly value finishing second vs third in the Atlantic, this game doesn't matter for Wake fans as far as I can tell. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Back