• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Games today

Unless you particularly value finishing second vs third in the Atlantic, this game doesn't matter for Wake fans as far as I can tell. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.
Correct. An FSU loss would mean Wake finishes 2nd in the Atlantic. Not too shabby. I would certainly be rooting against FSU for that reason alone if I didn't have my previous allegiance.

Correct. An FSU loss would mean Wake finishes 2nd in the Atlantic. Not too shabby. I would certainly be rooting against FSU for that reason alone if I didn't have my previous allegiance.

Chris, how does a game at Groves compare to Doak Campbell in terms of excitement, facilities, tailgating, etc.

The UVA coach has the funniest look on his face, like, "Are these guys for real?"

Chris, how does a game at Groves compare to Doak Campbell in terms of excitement, facilities, tailgating, etc.
I tell everyone Groves in a mini-Doak (with the brick). Obviously, Wake doesn't have the crowd participation that FSU has but Wake is quickly stepping up. Doak is absolutely beautiful on the outside but it is still an Erector set on the inside. As for excitement and tailgating, FSU is pretty fucking awesome. With that said, I love catching a game at Groves. Everyone who I've ever brought to a game who's never been there before (dozens of people) had nothing but great things to say about Groves.

I'm going to be completely honest, though: Groves pre-2005... not so much.

Last edited:
I tell everyone Groves in a mini-Doak and I'm dead serious. Obviously, Wake doesn't have the crowd participation that FSU has but Wake is quickly stepping up. Doak is absolutely beautiful on the outside but it is still an Erector set on the inside. As for excitement and tailgating, FSU is pretty fucking awesome. With that said, I love catching a game at Groves. Everyone who I've ever brought to a game who's never been there before (dozens of people) had nothing but great things to say about Groves.

I'm going to be completely honest, though: Groves pre-2005... not so much.

I'll agree with this. University Center surrounding Doak Campbell is gorgeous, as is Deacon Tower. It is really hard to compare the atmosphere in a stadium that seats 84,000+ to a stadium that seats 32,000+, but I remember thinking during the BC game in 2006 that it felt no less electric than a big game at Doak. Groves is never going to be Doak or Death Valley (the real one or Clemson) or any other huge school stadium, but it is perfect for us, especially with the new video board.

Groves is never going to be Doak or Death Valley (the real one or Clemson) or any other huge school stadium, but it is perfect for us, especially with the new video board.

Thanks. I've never been to a game at a really big stadium so I can't compare the experience. But I think Groves looks awesome on tv, much better than a lot of bigger stadiums, and it is perfect for us.

Why is every other team in the nation doing everything they can to ensure us another LSU/Alabama national championship? That will be boring and awful and I will not be watching.

Why is every other team in the nation doing everything they can to ensure us another LSU/Alabama national championship? That will be boring and awful and I will not be watching.

Could not agree more. The nation doesn't need that.

The nation should see the two best teams play regardless if conference.

If Alabama and LSU are those two teams they should play regardless of it being boring IMO.

I am pretty anti Bama-LSU rematch but it looks like its gonna happen, even if Oklahoma wins out. No way they deserve to play in the natty with that horrific loss at home to Texas Tech.

Also we're at halftime and I finally saw the first female FSU student that I wouldn't fuck. Was hoping for the perfect game, but alas.

Vandy just scored to go up 21-14 on Tennessee. About 12 minutes to go in the 4th.

The low, sideline camera angle on ESPNU is just terrible. No sense of depth.

Ole MIss not exactly winning one for the Gipper. Down 52-3.

Tennessee converts a 4th down on an incredible TD catch to tie Vandy, in te game with the unwatchable camera angle

Les Miles has the ball on Ole Miss's 1 yd line, 5 minutes left....

Kneels the ball back to the 13 and turns it over on downs.

Right move?...classy?

or

Rubbing it in the defense's face and not playing the game as it should be, a competition?

Can someone please get Lou Holtz off TV?

It is horrendous listening to him try to get a sentence out

Back