• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Games today

Shit. Oregon is gonna lose. Alabama and LSU rematch here we come.

If any team can roll up enough points to overcome a 21 point deficit it would be Oregon... but I ain't getting that vibe. They are sh***ing the bed right now.

I'm getting tired of announcers saying USC is approaching every game like its their bowl game. ND was their bowl. Stanford was their bowl. Now apparently Oregon is also their bowl. For someone on a postseason ban, they're going to an awful lot of bowls.

Slant route:Vandy :: Shotgun draw:Wake.

Except the draw doesn't run the risk of getting intercepted

I really thought I heard a whistle after that pick.

I feel bad for Vandy, but at least I don't have to see that awful camera angle anymore.

Wow, that's a terrible, terrible call in the Vandy game.

Now I know why Wake and Vandy play every year. It's like we're part of the same support group.

And there was definitely a whistle. I don't think you can overturn that since the whistle blew.

That was the right call and there was no way anyone was catching the guy who picked the ball, but the whistle DEFINITELY blew.

Baylor had a great shot and SUDDENLY their receivers just grew alligator arms.

You can't unblow a whistle. Awful call, but you have to respect the whistle. You cant tell guys to stop playing and then say oh just kidding you should have tackled him.

UVA punting from midfield, down 6...4th and 2 with 7:40 to go.

they end up +9 after the return.

ETA: UVA helped by an FSU penalty on the return.

I think UT would have beaten Vandy anyways but poor officiating really bugs me. At least in baseball, the umps huddle together & make an attempt to get the call right. In the UT - Vandy game, I didn't see any huddle or conversation. THEN the ref comes forward to announce there was no whistle when the replay has it. As the UT guy was running up field, you could see the ref that blew his whistle marking the spot at the 11 where he thought the knee went down. Have some integrity, ref, & say that you blew your whistle! It was obvious to anyone who watched & listened to the replay that you did!!!

This. I think the head ref was the guy who blew the whistle, then announced to the stadium that no whistle was blown. Wow.

I wonder if the replay booth gets audio. If not, it should.

And it really shouldn't matter because the officials should huddle and figure out if anyone blew a whistle.

All the more reason why officials need to swallow their whistles in those situations.

Back