• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Garden and Gun's Ultimate Southern Food Bracket

There's a lot more bad cornbread out there than good, totally agree.

My final four would be Tomato Pie, Fried Chicken, Deviled Eggs and Pimento Cheese.

There's a lot more bad cornbread out there than good, totally agree.

My final four would be Tomato Pie, Fried Chicken, Deviled Eggs and Pimento Cheese.

assuming we're not paying attention to how the brackets were actually laid out (tomato pie and pimento cheese are both "classics," so they couldn't both make the final 4), then i agree with you on fried chicken, deviled eggs, and pimento cheese. i'd probably replace tomato pie with mac and cheese though. i LOVE mac and cheese.

btw, for anybody who hasn't noticed, it's the final 2 now. cornbread and beignets.

assuming we're not paying attention to how the brackets were actually laid out (tomato pie and pimento cheese are both "classics," so they couldn't both make the final 4), then i agree with you on fried chicken, deviled eggs, and pimento cheese. i'd probably replace tomato pie with mac and cheese though. i LOVE mac and cheese.

btw, for anybody who hasn't noticed, it's the final 2 now. cornbread and beignets.

good catch. CORNBREAD! it must have just updated.

votes:
cornbread: 8
beignets: 4

So you're telling me that Texas Pete, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Camel Lights and Moravian Sugar Cake didnt make the Final Four? What a joke.

So you're telling me that Texas Pete, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Camel Lights and Moravian Sugar Cake didnt make the Final Four? What a joke.
It's hard to really take the contest seriously with those glaring omissions.

This is stupid. I bought a damn subscription to G&G based on the promise of this tourney and its ended up sucking ass. I hope the mag is better then this turned out to be.

beignets have never really struck me as 'southern' food. new orleans, yes. but you don't go into atlanta/charleston/savannah/wilmington (cities chosen arbitrarily) etc looking for a beignet place. you look for fried chicken, the best bbq, and the best fixings (mac and cheese, slaw, pimento cheese) for these foods. what a screwed up contest.

beignets have never really struck me as 'southern' food. new orleans, yes. but you don't go into atlanta/charleston/savannah/wilmington (cities chosen arbitrarily) etc looking for a beignet place. you look for fried chicken, the best bbq, and the best fixings (mac and cheese, slaw, pimento cheese) for these foods. what a screwed up contest.

This is the point I tried to make earlier on this thread but I bungled it due to my blind hatred of all things NOLA (aka the Saints).

This. They are a very regional offering. Kind of like a #14 seed.

I am pretty sure I voted for all of the final four to lose in the 1st round except for Hoppin' John, and that's only because Boiled Peanuts suck!!!

Utter fail. Beignets vs. Cornbread????? Really??????

I like Cornbread. I am a big fan, but it is just a bread side.

This is stupid. I bought a damn subscription to G&G based on the promise of this tourney and its ended up sucking ass. I hope the mag is better then this turned out to be.

The tourney is completely wack as fuck but the magazine is pretty awesome. I have a subscription and really dig it. Doesnt highlight Coors Lights (i guess their not southern) but other than that its an enjoyable read.

Beignets are not a southern food. And cornbread? Clearly yankees are voting in this poll or the french.

Well they made a cajun/creole bracket at least, so it makes some sense, but lol at them getting that far. Fat fucking carbhogs ran all the good food off the page.

I cant beleive Corn Dogs werent featured in the cajun/creole bracket. Thats all I smell when I meet people from Lousiana. Damn LSU fans.

Back