• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

However, 38 players is enough to play a game and that doesn’t include walk ons.

This is what I was thinking.

The bigger story is that A&M's QB Zach Calzada transferred, their freshman QB isn't able to suit up, and they lost Elko/Henson to other jobs.

I’d think we need to grab a replacement quickly as I’d expect other bowls are going to have the same issue

Would be surprising for either bowl to yield their still-committed team or fan base; expect to see WF and WSU both play replacement teams

Yeah - I would think the Sun Bowl would try to do the same thing as the Gator Bowl - find a replacement team. They aren't going to just say "OK - go play in the Gator Bowl - we just won't have the Sun Bowl this year."

This is going to be remembered like the time Duke hosted the Rose Bowl.

I hope bowls remember this in the future and TAMU becomes a pariah that no one wants to invite.

If A&M is using Covid as a partial excuse not to play this game when the real reason is injuries and transfers, that’s pretty despicable.

Great news for A&M #1 recruiting class….

Come play w winner in stacked SEC West… we have all options open to players
A. Enter transfer portal
B. Declare for NFL draft
C. Pass on bowl Bc unprepared for Covid
D. All of the above
E. Beat Bama and still can’t make final 4 CFP

I hope coaches are annoying the fuck out of their recruits rn. "Do you really want to play for a program that just quits like this?" "I really feel sorry for the Seniors who won't get to play again. How would you feel if you had a coach take an opportunity like that away from you?"

I just went to the A&M football Instagram page to see if I could find something to repost mocking them. Shockingly they aren’t publicizing this decision. I did however find their team tagline which is apparently “toughness. effort. discipline. pride. grit.” That’s…ironic.

I just went to the A&M football Instagram page to see if I could find something to repost mocking them. Shockingly they aren’t publicizing this decision. I did however find their team tagline which is apparently “toughness. effort. discipline. pride. grit.” That’s…ironic.

fuck A&M

cowards

Back