• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

An average game on offense by the Deacs but more than enough to win.

A good game on defense by the Deacs after a tough start. They deserve the game ball.

Another bowl win to cap an eleven win season and an Atlantic division championship.

All things considered, a great season for Wake Forest football.

A big Thank You to Rutgers for taking the game on very short notice and providing the Deacons an opportunity to end the season on a positive note. I hope the Scarlet Knights enjoyed the Gator bowl festivities and that their participation contributes to a winning 2022 football season.

Props to Rutgers. They were playing to win and were well prepared considering they put a team back together in 8-9 days.

Props to Rutgers. They were playing to win and were well prepared considering they put a team back together in 8-9 days.

Clawson noted this in postgame. Plus, Schiano came across with FAR MORE class than that asshole at Pitt.

Could be the worst bowl game ever. Rutgers is terrible. It has to be time to get rid of the bowl games. The stands are empty at all these games. Gambling is the only thing keeping the tv contracts going. Go to a 16 team tourney and get rid of all this nonsense.

This take is an insult to Ralph K. Players want to play. Turn your TV to MTV if you don’t want to watch.

Yep, while a win vs. TA&M would have been more "impressive", since these things are pretty much exhibition games anyway, glad we ended up playing a team we should and did beat convincingly. 11 wins is 11 wins, and finishing the season on a positive note is way more important than the name on the opposing team's jersey. This win puts an overall positive spin on this season, and a boost going in to next year And I'm guessing Rutgers can take some of those same positive vibes based on the way they did the Rocky thing in place of TA&M's Mac Lee Green role.

Yes. A big salute to Rutgers Scarlt Knights for stepping in on short notice when the texag wussies bailed.

This. For a team that had been off for a month and then scrambled back with four practices, they put up a damn good effort. That 20-10 score at halftime was much closer than the scoreboard showed; if we don't get that pick late in the 2nd, that makes it a 17-13 game and who knows if we get that FG to end the half. Even if we do, then it's a one possession game at halftime.

Had a blast at dinner and drinks last night, was great to meet some of y'all and catch up with others. Hope y'all enjoyed the rooftop at my bar - was a great way to end last night.

This. For a team that had been off for a month and then scrambled back with four practices, they put up a damn good effort. That 20-10 score at halftime was much closer than the scoreboard showed; if we don't get that pick late in the 2nd, that makes it a 17-13 game and who knows if we get that FG to end the half. Even if we do, then it's a one possession game at halftime.

Had a blast at dinner and drinks last night, was great to meet some of y'all and catch up with others. Hope y'all enjoyed the rooftop at my bar - was a great way to end last night.

Yeah, I was impressed with how well prepared Rutgers was. They defended us as well as anybody this year other than Clemson and Pitt. Shows they've got good coaches and they wanted to be there.

Yeah. The bar was great. Loved the late 90s early 00s hip hop music they played. Wish I could have stayed out longer but today’s been a long day already.

Ironic that it was Schiano who Currie wanted to hire at Tennessee. He’s a good coach as we saw firsthand today.

Wonder how everything would have shaken out if Fat Phil and the other idiots at UT hadn’t intervened.

Hell yeah! Last night and today were awesome. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

I also want to add that we played more of a complete team today than we would’ve against TAMU with opt outs and no QB so this is definitely a legit win.

Yes I know. Not sure a game against Texas a&m would have been any more meaningful. A 16 team
Tourney would probably eclipse March madness in popularity. Random now games have lost their luster the past few years.

With a CFP rank of 17 would we have made such a playoff?

Hell yeah! Last night and today were awesome. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

I also want to add that we played more of a complete team today than we would’ve against TAMU with opt outs and no QB so this is definitely a legit win.

Rutgers even had the services of their secret weapon punter Korsak fly in to play from Australia. He backed us up and almost caused a safety. Glad we got to see him punt! He is merciless in spotting the ball deep. Korsak, All American punter!

Ironic that it was Schiano who Currie wanted to hire at Tennessee. He’s a good coach as we saw firsthand today.

Wonder how everything would have shaken out if Fat Phil and the other idiots at UT hadn’t intervened.

Good point. Forgot about that.

Back