• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gaudio Firing

RangersboysWFBB

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...letic-director-ron-wellman-dino-gaudio-firing

This is so worth a reread. Check out the bounce in this motherfucker Wellman's step. Pay close attention to how he directly praises Gaudio for how he culturally ran the program, how he handled the academics side of coaching at Wake, but at the end of the day dude was not big time when it counted. You really need to read this and then, juxtapose it with all the spin he sharted out only after his new coach began to fail. I love internet archives. #Culturemyass

Can anyone pinpoint the first time we ever heard about culture change? The article above was written 8/2010, right after firing Gaudio and presumably when this idiot thought Brad Stevens was going to be the new WF coach.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_c60e0006-47f9-11e2-a7a9-0019bb30f31a.html

this article was written Dec 2012, well into the failures of the BZZ experience and I believe this was the first time any of us were educated on the after the fact necessity of culture change. Un-fucking believable.

Any english majors will really appreciate the noticeable tone change in these 2 pieces.

If Major College Athletics were a courtroom, here are exhibits A & B to impeach his ass. "Either you are a liar, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, or both. Please tell jury of Wake fans which it is."

"Athletic directors should take their cues from Wake Forest's Ron Wellman.

He doesn't give you spin. He tells you why he did what he did, and he won't hide."

Teeming with irony.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...letic-director-ron-wellman-dino-gaudio-firing

This is so worth a reread. Check out the bounce in this motherfucker Wellman's step. Pay close attention to how he directly praises Gaudio for how he culturally ran the program, how he handled the academics side of coaching at Wake, but at the end of the day dude was not big time when it counted. You really need to read this and then, juxtapose it with all the spin he sharted out only after his new coach began to fail. I love internet archives. #Culturemyass

Can anyone pinpoint the first time we ever heard about culture change? The article above was written 8/2010, right after firing Gaudio and presumably when this idiot thought Brad Stevens was going to be the new WF coach.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_c60e0006-47f9-11e2-a7a9-0019bb30f31a.html

this article was written Dec 2012, well into the failures of the BZZ experience and I believe this was the first time any of us were educated on the after the fact necessity of culture change. Un-fucking believable.

Any english majors will really appreciate the noticeable tone change in these 2 pieces.

If anything, then this just really solidifies the culture of unaccountability in Wake Forest's AD. It's downright shameful and even more shameful that a lot of fans not only still buy this crap, but parrot it even after realizing that it's obviously wrong.

If I was a Wake graduate or a big money donor, then I would truly be ashamed by the turn that this has taken, by the way that our AD has slandered a former coach and respected employee of the University, by the way our AD has treated student-athletes, by the way that our AD has treated the fanbase and small donors, and by the absolutely shameful and arrogant way in which the AD, led by Ron Wellman, has represented the University both locally and nationally with this mess.

Hiring Clawson was a really good move (albeit one that came after wasting a TON of money on a washed up coaching staff), but Wellman the fuck OUT. That bridge has been burned. Wellman and his enablers are an absolute disgrace to Wake Forest athletics past, present and future.

"Wellman fired Gaudio. He stood by his decision. He said why. You may disagree with it, you may not. But you can't fault Wellman for standing by his reasoning. And any coach going into the job should know what is expected going forward. There is nothing to hide. There isn't anything phony here. Win in February and March, have the players do well academically and represent the university well.

Gaudio did the latter but didn't do enough of the former. Now he's out."

-------------------------------------

That is the first time I have read that article. Holy cow.

" Win in February and March, have the players do well academically and represent the university well.

Gaudio did the latter but didn't do enough of the former. Now he's out."

That is the ironic kicker straight from the horses mouth.

The culture bs started when the losing started and they were scrambling for a way to defend the hire.

To be fair, there has been culture BS surrounding the program for a long time.

These two links provide conclusive proof that Ron Wellman has either become a complete liar, or he is increasingly losing touch with reality as far as our basketball program is concerned. Take your pick.

The culture spin began when Wellman hired Bz and his losing record...and his lack of post-season appearances.

lol you're an asshole. You must have kids or something huh. How much of this type of shit do you have to go to? For you or any other dads on the board, how many animated movies have you seen this past year?

Lol at thinking Brews is a dad.

lol you're an asshole. You must have kids or something huh. How much of this type of shit do you have to go to? For you or any other dads on the board, how many animated movies have you seen this past year?

it's currently a very popular song (top 20 on spotify) and the title is relevant

I'll let it go when [Redacted] and Wellman are no longer employed at Wake Forest. And I feel like that is generous. Given what those two have put wake fans and more importantly the basketball program through for the past 4 years our demands should be much more like this: (starting at 1:38)

Ron Wellman extended Dino's contract, while praising his performance, and a couple of months fired him. Ron Wellman said he wanted a great basketball coach, and a couple of months later retained Jeff [Redacted].

Back