• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

He is eating fried chicken with a knife and fork right? Am I seeing this correctly?

3 nice things I know about Donald Trump:

1. He gave a lot of money to charities on The Apprentice

2. He once gave a free airplane ride to like 200 soldiers

3. He was nice to Kevin in Home Alone 2 Lost In New York

It's a fact that people clearly can't make rational decisions about vaccines, as evidenced by the outbreaks in California. By not supporting mandated vaccines, he lends credence to the disproven theories AND he directly puts other people at risk.

Feeding your kid a soda won't kill my kid. Not vaccinating your kid may.

I've seen your anti-Lib threads and conclude you are fearful they may take from your candidate or actually open debate.

I am pro-vaccine. But, like most things in this country, I believe persuasion and not mandates get things done. I think the appellate court decisions and reliance on expert testimony should be sufficient. Each single school district can make shots mandatory. Leave it up to them.

I don't make the Amish use humidifiers. I do want to live in a county that has vaccination rules. My choices. The entire point of L's.

As for sodas, that is restricting choices of adults who have nothing to do with your kids.

"I won't mandate this, but I assure you that the best case for protecting your children is to have the standard vaccine protocol. This has been studied by scientists and held sound in state and federal court." vs.

"Vaccines are the leading cause of autism."

That's a distinction without a difference? I'm sorry you don't believe people can make rational decisions without the nanny state forcing them to do so. But people like you have gone after sodas, cigarettes and are coming for my beer and burgers. Good luck with that.

It's a dumb position because in order for vaccines to work on a population level you need to have herd immunity. There are a certain percentage of people who actually cannot get vaccines because of medical conditions or allergies and to prevent those poor unfortunate people from getting the measles we need to have very high rates of vaccine application amongst the rest of the population. So setting mandatory vaccines schedules in order to attend school or whatever is necessary from a public health perspective. Unless you are so in to the free market that your willing to let natural selection weed out those folks who can get vaccines.

It's a dumb position because in order for vaccines to work on a population level you need to have herd immunity. There are a certain percentage of people who actually cannot get vaccines because of medical conditions or allergies and to prevent those poor unfortunate people from getting the measles we need to have very high rates of vaccine application amongst the rest of the population. So setting mandatory vaccines schedules in order to attend school or whatever is necessary from a public health perspective. Unless you are so in to the free market that your willing to let natural selection weed out those folks who can get vaccines.

Actually, I'm a long term Rotarian who is trying to get rid of polio. In PAIN (pakistan, afganistan, india, and nigeria), we work against meme's that the vaccine is a sterilization, death drug, cause of mental illness, cause of development issues, and other problems. I believe in words and studies to fight the same problems here. Johnson/Weld are hardly your enemies.

He is eating fried chicken with a knife and fork right? Am I seeing this correctly?

I've never seen someone eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. I don't see how it's possible. That's the fatal flaw in this Common Man Tableaux. He's got the KFC to let everyone know he's one of them. And the WSJ is prominently displayed to remind everyone what a great businessman he is.

Your fingers will be greasy for months if you go only hands for the entirety of a KFC meal

Actually, I'm a long term Rotarian who is trying to get rid of polio. In PAIN (pakistan, afganistan, india, and nigeria), we work against meme's that the vaccine is a sterilization, death drug, cause of mental illness, cause of development issues, and other problems. I believe in words and studies to fight the same problems here. Johnson/Weld are hardly your enemies.

Ok sure, not my enemies. At least they aren't insane.

Vaccines are an extremely low priority voting issue in the US anyway. But being lax on vaccinations reflects their general philosophy on governing. Johnson believes that the free market will solve all the problems which simply isn't going to cut it wrt climate change. Most of the costs from climate change won't be felt for decades and they will almost certainly be felt by and paid for by the public not the fossil fuel companies etc. there fore the corporation operating in the free market have no incentive to fix climate change now, or ever because some one else will incur the cost and cover the losses.

Hey, if Hillary meets your needs, vote for her. If you are somewhat pissed about your choices, especially being in Alabama, J/W is a good alternative. If you are satisfied, by all means, vote for her. If you don't have an issue now with Clinton, you aren't the voter I'm looking to convince. Best.

J/W 2016 for the dissatisfied.

Get it together? Are u shittin me. The man is a walking time bomb, he just can't help himself. It's only going to get worse. He has already said tonight that he fears the election will be rigged. Rigged?? Didn't elaborate (no surprise) but rigged? Imagine that??

Total waste.

On Morning Joe today they hypothesized that Trump doesn't even want to win, but rather he wants to lose a close election, call it a rigged game, and open up his own TV network with his already built in fan base.

Seems plausible enough to me.

On Morning Joe today they hypothesized that Trump doesn't even want to win, but rather he wants to lose a close election, call it a rigged game, and open up his own TV network with his already built in fan base.

Seems plausible enough to me.

That's what Cuban has been saying for awhile, Trump wants to boost popular vote maybe even win popular but lose the election. Perfect way to call it rigged and make a shit ton of money from his not really republican base.

Back