• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Yeah, you are a true Hillshill if you think that Clinton is better than Obama.

Alot of people did. Obama got the minority votes with the youth vote which rode him to victory.

By the convention I was totally on board with Obama.

And after a rough 1st couple of years, he turned into a fine president.

Trump is not a conservative - I keep saying this. Yes, conservatives are about the free market and free trade. That's why they're aghast at Trump's hijacking of the Pub party. That and his foreign policy views. George Will had a column yesterday slamming him on Russia. That you have a Pub nominee who is openly questioning NATO while speaking positively about Putin makes folks like Will apoplectic.

Amen.

Johnson/Weld 2016.

"Mark my words: Putin will never go into Ukraine."

"Well he has already"

"I mean again."

Yeah....Trump's biggest fear has to be Hillary or someone making up a leader or a country or an agency and talking about it to bait him into going on and on about things he pretends he knows about.

Like Ford's famous foible, Poland is not under Soviet occupation.

Vote your priorities. I respect that, but Johnson/Weld are not anti-vaccine. But if Hillary fits your beliefs, you should absolutely vote for her. I don't think the massive costs asked of the U.S. will pass Congress. Even if they do, they will be more than offset massively by China's and India's unfiltered coal fired growth.

Last edited:
this is a sick burn on the NYT

Co0cDRQXYAAhpA7.jpg

Does anyone still think the use of good and well isn't a fair question on standardized tests?

Being anti-mandatory vaccine and being anti-vaccine is a distinction without a difference.

Being anti-mandatory vaccine and being anti-vaccine is a distinction without a difference.

"I won't mandate this, but I assure you that the best case for protecting your children is to have the standard vaccine protocol. This has been studied by scientists and held sound in state and federal court." vs.

"Vaccines are the leading cause of autism."

That's a distinction without a difference? I'm sorry you don't believe people can make rational decisions without the nanny state forcing them to do so. But people like you have gone after sodas, cigarettes and are coming for my beer and burgers. Good luck with that.

it's a pretty irrational decision to not vaccinate your kids. sorry we need the "nanny state" to tell morons they need to do this in order to keep their kids healthy.

"I won't mandate this, but I assure you that the best case for protecting your children is to have the standard vaccine protocol. This has been studied by scientists and held sound in state and federal court." vs.

"Vaccines are the leading cause of autism."

That's a distinction without a difference? I'm sorry you don't believe people can make rational decisions without the nanny state forcing them to do so. But people like you have gone after sodas, cigarettes and are coming for my beer and burgers. Good luck with that.

It's a fact that people clearly can't make rational decisions about vaccines, as evidenced by the outbreaks in California. By not supporting mandated vaccines, he lends credence to the disproven theories AND he directly puts other people at risk.

Feeding your kid a soda won't kill my kid. Not vaccinating your kid may.

Polls have Trump and Clinton in a virtual tie in Georgia. Georgia!

Georgia's been getting bluer for awhile. Probably would flip blue regardless in the next 15 years, just like NC. But crazy if it happens already

Back