• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

That's a funny definition since I'm supporting a post that birdman is posting that's critical of Hillary. This is just another example your broad brush that you paint anyone that disagrees with your far alt right bullshit posting gets labeled as a Hillshill. Just sad.

Can someone explain to me the alt-right phenomenon? Is this neo nazi / kkk rebranding?

This is a textbook example of a butthurt Hillshiller engaging in the Hillshill Pile On.

stop whining so much

you put yourself out there on an internet message board and you are going to get some shade thrown your way. get over it and get over yourself. jesus christ, you act like such a wussy.

I think I Know who birdman is in real life (not certain, but fairly sure), and he is extremely down to earth, thoughtful, and pretty much the opposite of someone who would shill for such a terrible candidate as Hillary. He pretty much summed it up. He doesn't have an option that is worth voting for, but Hillary is the closest thing he has, so he will reluctantly pull the lever. For someone focused on the environment/climate change as a primary vote driver, this is a very understandable position. Hillary is pretty far right for a democrat when it comes to climate, and Trump is simply unacceptable. Johnson/Weld are also very non-interventionist as would be assumed with a libertarian ticket. I can imagine that would be frustrating for someone like birdman.

I actually don't think we know each other, but your assessment is pretty accurate. For me it comes down to this: the risks of Hillary's dishonesty are far less than the risk of Trump's erratic insanity. What truly sucks is having to think about my choices in an election in terms risk assessments.

I've found that posters who make rational intelligent posts supported by evidence, posters who are funny, and poster who refrain from making everything about themselves, get a lot less grief. Maybe BSF4L should try that approach and see if he finds the Tunnels to be a more congenial environment. Or maybe he needs to go find a safe space, i dunno.

stop whining so much

you put yourself out there on an internet message board and you are going to get some shade thrown your way. get over it and get over yourself. jesus christ, you act like such a wussy.
Not whining, just pointing out a common technique you folks routinely engage in. You get owned and decide to reference someone who has attacked the person you dislike. It's similar to the schoolyard tactic used by the kid who could never fight his own battles and always had to drag someone else in to back him up. It's a common enough occurrence on here that I've named it the Hillshill Pile On.

I've found that posters who make rational intelligent posts supported by evidence, posters who are funny, and poster who refrain from making everything about themselves, get a lot less grief. Maybe BSF4L should try that approach and see if he finds the Tunnels to be a more congenial environment. Or maybe he needs to go find a safe space, i dunno.
I've already told you I ain't leaving. So you can forget about that. We're all in this together my friend. ;)

50972762.jpg

Not whining, just pointing out a common technique you folks routinely engage in. You get owned and decide to reference someone who has attacked the person you dislike. It's similar to the schoolyard tactic used by the kid who could never fight his own battles and always had to drag someone else in to back him up. It's a common enough occurrence on here that I've named it the Hillshill Pile On.

carrying-cross.jpg

whatever lies you need to tell yourself to get through the day

good luck with that

Can someone explain to me the alt-right phenomenon? Is this neo nazi / kkk rebranding?

Curious about this too. Does Trump just retweet stuff from there that's sent to him or does/did he have some flunkie on the campaign who actively finds crap for him?

I honestly don't know what the alt-right is but I've seen it mentioned. I also read that neo-nazis are obsessed with Taylor Swift. Apparently she represents their ideal when it comes to women. But it might just be a joke or meme or something. Still, I think that guy who was arrested for stalking her was a neo-nazi.

I honestly don't know what the alt-right is but I've seen it mentioned. I also read that neo-nazis are obsessed with Taylor Swift. Apparently she represents their ideal when it comes to women. But it might just be a joke or meme or something. Still, I think that guy who was arrested for stalking her was a neo-nazi.

Debating whether this is something I should google on my work computer

Last edited:
So the "Obama founded ISIS" thing was another joke, but CNN didn't get it. TURN ON YOUR SARCASM METERS SHEEPLE.

Can't imagine Shalala, Napolitano, and all the other female Clinton surrogates were too stoked to defend Bubba during Monicagate, but when do Pence, other surrogates, and staffers finally get tired of Trump hanging them out to dry again?

Nobody but Trump saw the video of Muslims celebrating in NJ on 9/11, but lots of voters did see multiple videos of Trump's courageous outing of the ISIS founders. Dog ate his homework, someone hacked his Twitter account...

Back