• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Santos question

deac03

Reaction score
Can anyone posit a reason why he should remain in Congress? Obviously, mostly everyone would like him removed for a litany of reasons. McCarthy stood by him today and essentially said he did nothing wrong.
I’m not trying to start a big argument. I just am curious if anybody can actually rationally defend him. Because my prediction is he becomes a rallying cry of modern-day Republican Party.

Obviously there's nothing substantive to defend here beyond "well he won the election." Of course this also means that most of the GOP will defend him.

Carville says he's more valuable to the Dems if he is in Congress.

Now, back to the sports board. Bye.

From CNN article on Santos:

“The source said Republicans leaders are far more cognizant of the fact that a Santos resignation would tee up a special election in a Biden-won district, and Democrats would have a real shot of winning it, making the House GOP's razor thin majority even slimmer. Santos flipped the seat in November.

"So, it's a simple numbers game for leadership right now," the source”

I would imagine any potential Santos defenders are highly aware of this information

He needs to be there as a constant reminder to fucking do better in vetting the opposition.

From CNN article on Santos:

“The source said Republicans leaders are far more cognizant of the fact that a Santos resignation would tee up a special election in a Biden-won district, and Democrats would have a real shot of winning it, making the House GOP's razor thin majority even slimmer. Santos flipped the seat in November.

"So, it's a simple numbers game for leadership right now," the source”

I would imagine any potential Santos defenders are highly aware of this information

It seems like it’s a numbers game both ways. McCarthy doesn’t want to lose his small working margin now. NY Pubs don’t want the Santos stench hurting their chances of being that working margin in 2024.

Is there a mechanism where voters in his district could recall him?

Wait, if he resigns it goes to a special election and is not just filled with a Pub replacement? And there are people who thought he would be pressured to resign by GOP leadership? 😂

NY Pubs want him out. National Pubs don’t.

Every Republican who was elected (and wasn't) lied during their campaigns, whether it was about CRT, COVID, inflation, abortion, crime, their resume, etc. Throw them all the fuck out if we're throwing Santos out. He's no worse than any of them.

I def buy the theory that’s not his real name after having to be repeatedly called on during the Speaker votes.

Back