• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Santos question

According to this site, only five members of the House have ever been stripped of their office by the House. Three of those were for fighting for the Confederacy and the other two were convicted of bribery.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Discipline/Expulsion-Censure-Reprimand/

Obviously, Santos' behavior doesn't fit neatly into those categories, so far as we know right now. But there are a lot of questions that need to be answered, especially with regard to who was funding his campaign and who his business associates were prior to running for office.
Part of that is because members may resign or not run for reelection rather than get to that point. The member of congress who did a bit of insider trading on camera on the White House lawn resigned before pleading guilty, but that took over two years. McCarthy just needs the legal process to stretch out for about two years. (Or the length of his speakership, whichever is shorter.)

Bro you’re the one all in on DeSantis
All in? Did you read my post? What I said was I was not voting for Biden, no way, no how.
I’m playing a wait and see on what I will do and if Desantis is nominated he will have my consideration.
Quite a bit from “all in” dude. And sorry if that offends your sensibilities along with the others who neg repped me.

Pop,
You are ignoring a lot of direct input on what republicans want. Full stop.

Your vote or not vote is on you.

Doesn't using taxpayer money to fund human trafficking to make a political point disqualify him?

Pop,
You are ignoring a lot of direct input on what republicans want. Full stop.

Your vote or not vote is on you.
No shit; I’m well aware of what my vote would mean but I’d just rather not be misrepresented if that’s ok.

So why would you definitely not vote for Biden?

All in? Did you read my post? What I said was I was not voting for Biden, no way, no how.
I’m playing a wait and see on what I will do and if Desantis is nominated he will have my consideration.
Quite a bit from “all in” dude. And sorry if that offends your sensibilities along with the others who neg repped me.
Close enough

McCarthy, surrounded by his fellow white Republican representatives, talks about how he plans to save America through endless investigations of Democrats and destruction of the government and economy. And the great Republican diversity in this Congress.

I mean, when you add one person of color or woman to their caucus the percentage increase is off the charts.

This checks. Dems bad.

Pretty amazing to see the wheels come off the ronnie reagan republican facade while still dragging your knuckles and claiming "but democRATS so bad."

It’s a bizarre take. Gone from “leaving the GOP” to “vote desantis” in a matter of like weeks. What has changed for the better in the GOP since then?

Back