• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Santos question

So why would you definitely not vote for Biden?
Because I think he's the epitome of any empty suit and I'm disappointed the Dems haven't chosen to replace him.
And again I never said I'd vote for DeSantis; I said that if he's nominated I'd have to take a closer look.

"What a bunch of clowns", says the very reasonable Republican who is considering voting for a book banning, human trafficking, gay hating, fascist POS.

Because I think he's the epitome of any empty suit and I'm disappointed the Dems haven't chosen to replace him.

although i agree with this...i will never vote for a republican in their current regimen. they are the epitome of deplorable these days...that is a fact!

Do you think he's done a bad job as President?
No I don't like him because his clothes don't fit well. Duh.
Yes, I think he's a weak, ineffective Leader who has failed to get few, substantial things done to improve the Nation he's leading.

although i agree with this...i will never vote for a republican in their current regimen. they are the epitome of deplorable these days...that is a fact!
And I will likely get there as well and not vote (again); I just haven't decided yet.

man to look at the last two years of what's been passed and think Biden has failed to get anything done is just willful ignorance.

Pops will probably be madder in the next two years when nothing gets passed because he is "not willing to work with House Republicans."

Pops will probably be madder in the next two years when nothing gets passed because he is "not willing to work with House Republicans."
No, Pops wouldn't be surprised one bit if that happens because he failed miserably to get much done when he controlled both sides of the aisle.

The Inflation Reduction Act, passed in the Senate and House of Representatives and signed into law by President Biden last week, is the largest bill ever to address climate change, along with its provisions for healthcare and tax programs.

According to research from the REPEAT project run by Jesse Jenkins’ ZERO lab at Princeton University, climate investments from the IRA are likely to lead to about a 42% reduction in carbon emissions by 2030, which would be close to the federal target of 50%. That would put the country on a pathway to achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, according to Jenkins’ projections — reaching the point at which humans are emitting no more carbon into the atmosphere than they are taking out of it each year.

"Controlled" is doing a lot of work in that statement.

I'd argue Biden has been much more effective than anyone could have reasonable expected, given a 50/50 senate, the existence of the filibuster, and Manchin/Sienma. Whether the laws passed match with your particular view of what the country needs is a different story entirely.

I also think it strange that people on here are shocked that a republican who at least somewhat recognizes how awful the party is still is not happy with a President advancing progressive policies.

“shocked” no. I think more just bewildered that in one post pops will say something like the GOP will stop at nothing to destroy the Dems’ government and will sabotage the country to prevent Biden from getting even a minor win.

And then the very next post will say something like Biden is weak because he doesn’t work across the aisle.

Like dude…

I also think it strange that people on here are shocked that a republican who at least somewhat recognizes how awful the party is still is not happy with a President advancing progressive policies.
I think it's more that he pretends to be reasonable and calls some Republicans clowns but will still consider voting for the most dangerous clown there is. Fine if he doesn't want to vote for Biden, but, sorry, I'm not going to take you seriously if your answer on DeSantis isn't an immediate no.

I'm not sure why you should ever take pops seriously anyways. Or anyone else on here, for that matter.

Back