• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Santos question

How much time do you think he'll actually serve?

Santos' memoir will be crazy.

I do think he raised an interesting point though that people who didn't elect him are now voting to kick him out.

while I'm sympathetic to the point and there are definitely some scary plausible hypotheticals where a bad faith congress removes people it simply doesn't like, i can't imagine he'd win a recall election among his actual constituents

Interesting that all of GOP House leadership voted no, but they got 100 some-odd members of their caucus to vote yes

As bad as he is (was) - and he was a con man of the highest order - what's really amazing is that he was, imo, far from the worst Republican in Congress. There are likely at least a dozen or more House Republicans who are more deserving of expulsion than he is (Boebert, Gaetz, MTG, just to name a few). Among Republicans he likely was expelled less for his crimes than because House Republicans feared he would be an embarrassment and would hurt their own candidacies right through election day.

My theory is the trans stuff was just too much for the others to take. Affairs, public hand jobs are fine. Put on a dress and it's a bridge too far.

Back