• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Get 'em, Pat Kelsey.

Guess I will be in the minority here, but this wasn't earth-shattering or anything. Kelsey acknowledged this was awful (it was), and those of us with children will give an extra hug (we did) and then admitted he had nothing constructive to add to the situation and then called for change...any change, whatever kind of change, just change. Not much to see here.
I had the same response to it. Seemed like he was dealing with his own emotions more than anything else...but stated his feelings and views all really well. Very Skip-like.

i don't know why, but i find all "this really puts sports into perspective" commentary to be ludicrous. everybody already knows this (other than SEC football fans).

He's not saying anything many people already feel but I love his passion. Imagine having a coach with passion that can articulate his thoughts. That would be something wouldn't it?

Skip would have risen to the occasion and provided similar commentary. I miss how well he represented our school.

You think Skip would have gotten the city name correct?

More passion from Pat than buz has shown in his years, i say we go ahead and offer him the job.

Creamy getting battered by the tags. Maybe it will inspire him to clean his mommy's basement.

LOSER.

You think Skip would have gotten the city name correct?

While I do not believe Skip to be infallible, I do believe he would have gotten that correct.

Figuring out who to send to the line to shoot a tech is a different matter...

While I do not believe Skip to be infallible, I do believe he would have gotten that correct.

I assume we realize that the levy moment didn't lose that game, it instead revealed skip was overwhelmed, not thinking straight, and unable to handle the pressure. Skip was a choker.

I appreciate when coaches recognize there is a world outside of their sport. I remember in the early '70's, I was young, so I don't remember the significance, but right after UCLA won yet another bb championship, John Wooden was pulled aside for the post game interview. The sportscaster asked Wooden how it felt to win another championship, and instead of talking about the game, he said something about how the most important thing that had happened that day was that we brought more troops home from Vietnam, or something like that. Always impressed me.

That was Dino's fault. We all know that.

Back