• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Get used to seeing that zone the rest of the year, no shooters on this team.

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
This team looks like some of the late Staak early Odom teams, there are some decent players but are desperately in need of a consistent outside shooter. I am sure "heavens yes" Wellman has some sharp shooters on his radar and Wake will sign Jimmy Chitwood and the Bzz 5 year extension on the same day.

That was not a zone. It was a pack line man-to-man defense.

That was not a zone. It was a pack line man-to-man defense.
Pack line, zone. It doesn't really matter. Just force us to take jump shots, and we can't do shit. And it's not gonna get much better until the 2016 class is gone, unless some of them magically learn how to shoot.

Pack line, zone. It doesn't really matter. Just force us to take jump shots, and we can't do shit. And it's not gonna get much better until the 2016 class is gone, unless some of them magically learn how to shoot.

As bad as our offense was, the real reason we were destroyed is because we couldn't stop UVA. They scored 41 first half points, which I bet is the most they have scored in the first half all year. I would guess they average about 30 first half points this year. Can any of the kenpom guys compare UVAs first half offensive efficiency tonight to their season average (thanks in advance)?

In my opinion, poor defense is what makes [Redacted]'s teams so bad.

As bad as our offense was, the real reason we were destroyed is because we couldn't stop UVA. They scored 41 first half points, which I bet is the most they have scored in the first half all year. I would guess they average about 30 first half points this year. Can any of the kenpom guys compare UVAs first half offensive efficiency tonight to their season average (thanks in advance)?

In my opinion, poor defense is what makes [Redacted]'s teams so bad.

This year's team has been very good on defense. According to Kenpom before tonight we were 76th best overall team, 30th best defense, 173rd best offense in country. Everything was bad tonight.

Besides the poor defense ... and poor offense ... and poor FT shooting ... and poor rebounding ... his teams aren't so bad.

This year's team has been very good on defense. According to Kenpom before tonight we were 76th best overall team, 30th best defense, 173rd best offense in country. Everything was bad tonight.
We've been good because we've been playing 250+ competition. This team isn't good at defense at all. Matter of fact, this team isn't really good at anything. The only thing I can think of maybe is drawing fouls. I'll give 'em that but nothing else really.

We've been good because we've been playing 250+ competition. This team isn't good at defense at all. Matter of fact, this team isn't really good at anything.

The 30th Ranked defensive ranking is schedule adjusted. We might be in the top 10 in raw defense.

ETA: This is just kenpom stats. Not stating any personal opinions

Last edited:
I've said it before... Williams and CMM are the key. Roy was a moron. The floodgates are ready to open.

Rafi is correct. They saw no zone tonight. UVA exclusively plays packline man. And yes, we absolutely suck on D. Buzzdick's last 6 teams have finished last in the B-12 and ACC in FG%D. Pretty remarkable.

I've said it before... Williams and CMM are the key. Roy was a moron. The floodgates are ready to open.

... and CMM can't throw one in the ocean at the moment and I'm not sure how Williams will get a shot off against competent ACC defenders.

Guys we missed all kinds of shots. Layups, FTs, runners. You name it we missed it, Couple that with no rebounding, not hustle for loss balls and piss poor defense and you will lose by 20 or 30. If we can't shoot, at least rebound and hope for a put back. Heck we would probably miss that too!

Oh, and that pack line defense we saw? That is what Dino was running when he underachieved to 61-31.

I'm surprised that folks are just getting enraged now. This has been going on for four straight seasons. Buzz ball is called Buzz ball for a reason. Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug, it would seem.

Oh, and that pack line defense we saw? That is what Dino was running when he underachieved to 61-31.

This, too. Say what you want about Dino - and plenty has been said - but Dino looks like John fucking Wooden compared to Jeff [Redacted]. And that's the truth.

The pack line man , is a match up zone. UVA was happy for Wake to shoot Jumpers

Codi can't shoot a lick. It's pitiful. He might be the next Ish, only he is slow too.

Codi can't shoot a lick. It's pitiful. He might be the next Ish, only he is slow too.

You're REALLY off with your comparisons, dude. (Or, maybe Rondale will play in the NBA...)

Codi is going to be fine - should his confidence recover the massacre that will be the remainder of this season - with a new coach.

On a related note: it's hard to make shots when you're not a great shooter, your team doesn't run an offense and you're the only shot creator on the team. Seriously, have you been watching the pitiful "offense" that we've been running? The only difference between OOC Codi and ACC Codi is a combination of solid post play and an unbelievably weak schedule.

Back