• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Giants vs the Cowboys on Sunday nite

Archie ought to be someone's QB coach.

He's already got a headset.

The Cowboys are in a bind with Romo. He's a solid QB in a league that lacks solid QBs. If they roll the dice and get rid of Romo, he could easily go somewhere else and hold it down for another 5+ years, maybe not like Drew Brees and the Chargers but good enough that the Cowboys would regret it.

Last edited:
Romo is a top 10-12 QB easily. We would be foolish to get rid of him considering all the complete drivel out there.

Exactly, dv7.

I'm much more of an overall Cowboy hater than a Romo hater, I just recognize that they are never going to win anything significant with him. As with most NFL teams, they are constructed so as to need their QB to be a winner in order for them to be successful. He is a loser, and therefore they will continue to lose, which is fantastic, so keep making excuses for him and keep him around.

As for the winners, however, should be a decent game against the Falcons. Unlike Romo, Ryan will get rid of the ball quickly from the outset, which will negate a lot of the pass rush. White, Jones, and Gonzalez definitely pose some problems for the defense. The Giants are going to have to score a lot of points to win. Though if they do, I'm pretty sure the Packers want no part of the Giants D in a cold-weather game in Lambeau.

Please tell me this is a joke? The giants are a shit ass team that cant defend the pass worth of shit. If you go up to green bay, they will beat the ever living shit out of you. The Giants get so much friggin love for being mediocre it isn't even funny. I hope the falcons shit beat your overrated shit team.

None whatsoever according to these homers. Despite his losing ways St Tony can do no wrong.

You didn't read anything I wrote earlier, did you? Not that I think it would matter anyway, you would just spout off with your typical nonsense.

All I see in this thread is a bunch of cowboy fans getting defensive about Romo.

Romo seems to me to be a talented guy who lacks focus and resolve. He's never going to carry a team like Rodgers or Brees or even Manning. But, as mentioned, the Cowboys are stuck with him. Better start building an all-pro defense or the Cowboys won't win anything with Romo.

Please tell me this is a joke? The giants are a shit ass team that cant defend the pass worth of shit. If you go up to green bay, they will beat the ever living shit out of you. The Giants get so much friggin love for being mediocre it isn't even funny. I hope the falcons shit beat your overrated shit team.

You mean like that whopping 3-point win at the buzzer a few weeks ago? Or howabout the last time we went to Lambeau for a playoff game?

Romo is a top 10-12 QB easily. We would be foolish to get rid of him considering all the complete drivel out there.

An elite QB can win with a horrific defense and no running game (see Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and P Manning). A top 10-12 QB (or even Mark Sanchez, given his past success) should be able to win with a decent defense and decent running game. Romo has shown no signs of being able to that.

You mean like that whopping 3-point win at the buzzer a few weeks ago? Or howabout the last time we went to Lambeau for a playoff game?

You are just like every tool giants fan. You lost regardless of how it happened this year when you played them, despite the fact that the packers WR's and TE's dropped like 8 passes that game. You also bring up 2007 as if that has any fn bearing on what is going on right now. News flash moron, Brett Favre isn't on the other sideline anymore handing games over to the opposing team. You also don't have 1/10 the defense that you had in 07. If you do make it through Atlanta, enjoy the beat down in GB or better yet, lets hope the Lion's take out New Orleans (highly unlikely) so your scrub team can come visit my team out in SF and have the niners beat you for the 2nd time this season.

You limped into the playoffs because your division has no worthy contenders. It is amazing the large head Giants fans have gotten from beating the all mighty Dallas Cowboys and Jets the past two weeks. I am going to love listening to the idiotic talking heads on ESPN, CBS, and FOX that will claim the giants as the most dangerous team in the playoffs despite their miserable pass defense.

You are just like every tool giants fan. You lost regardless of how it happened this year when you played them, despite the fact that the packers WR's and TE's dropped like 8 passes that game. You also bring up 2007 as if that has any fn bearing on what is going on right now. News flash moron, Brett Favre isn't on the other sideline anymore handing games over to the opposing team. You also don't have 1/10 the defense that you had in 07. If you do make it through Atlanta, enjoy the beat down in GB or better yet, lets hope the Lion's take out New Orleans (highly unlikely) so your scrub team can come visit my team out in SF and have the niners beat you for the 2nd time this season.

You limped into the playoffs because your division has no worthy contenders. It is amazing the large head Giants fans have gotten from beating the all mighty Dallas Cowboys and Jets the past two weeks. I am going to love listening to the idiotic talking heads on ESPN, CBS, and FOX that will claim the giants as the most dangerous team in the playoffs despite their miserable pass defense.

Haha. Enjoy Alex Smith in the playoffs, chief. See you next season.

Haha. Enjoy Alex Smith in the playoffs, chief. See you next season.

The same Alex Smith that out performed on par with your ELITE QB in week 10 this year. The same Alex Smith that lead his team to a 13-3 record and the 2nd best record in the NFL this year. The same Alex Smith with 5 INTs the entire year. They have the best defense in the NFL, with the best special teams in the NFL. That is 2/3s of the game where they have an edge on everyone they play. I hope to god they get a shot at your scrub team. More than likely though Ill be watching your team lose Wild Card weekend while my team rests up for New Orleans.

Let me guess, your like all of the other talking heads that be on the major networks, never watch 49er games all season, but will just hold the same old Alex Smith sentiments because of what ESPN told you for the past 6 years?

Look - a 49ers fan! I sense a decade or two of envy being released. They've had a great year, so enjoy the moment...first season over .500 in the last nine, IIRC.

That was a real ass-kicking of the Giants. Let's see - SF had 9 minutes less TOP and rolled for 305 net yards. I remember it being a very competitive between two beat up, playoff destined teams. I suspect the Giants would like to see a rematch.

Look - a 49ers fan! I sense a decade or two of envy being released. They've had a great year, so enjoy the moment...first season over .500 in the last nine, IIRC.

That was a real ass-kicking of the Giants. Let's see - SF had 9 minutes less TOP and rolled for 305 net yards. I remember it being a very competitive between two beat up, playoff destined teams. I suspect the Giants would like to see a rematch.

When did I say they kicked the Giants ass? I said they would beat them for the 2nd time. Never did I say they kicked or would kick their ass.

Giants are shit. You were swept by the god damn Redskins, should have had another loss when Cruz just put the ball down in Arizona but no one wants to remember that. The Eagles should be the team representing the NFC East. If that call was made correctly, your sitting home bitching how bad Coughlin sucks and How Perry Fewell should be gone. Enjoy the ATL beat down your going to get.

An elite QB can win with a horrific defense and no running game (see Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and P Manning). A top 10-12 QB (or even Mark Sanchez, given his past success) should be able to win with a decent defense and decent running game. Romo has shown no signs of being able to that.

2009 Defense-adjusted Value over average (DVOA), courtesy of Football Outsiders:
NYJ: 1st overall
DAL: 12th overall

2010 DVOA:
NYJ: 5th overall
DAL: 27th overall

2011 DVOA:
NYJ: 3rd overall
DAL: 17th overall

The defenses that Romo and Sanchez have had to work with are...not close.

2009 Defense-adjusted Value over average (DVOA), courtesy of Football Outsiders:
NYJ: 1st overall
DAL: 12th overall

2010 DVOA:
NYJ: 5th overall
DAL: 27th overall

2011 DVOA:
NYJ: 3rd overall
DAL: 17th overall

The defenses that Romo and Sanchez have had to work with are...not close.

Using that same site, Romo had the #4 defense in 2007 and the #9 defense in 2006. He has had comparable defenses, he just hasn't won anything of significance with them (or any other defenses).

Back