• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

gift ideas for groomsmen and best man

My best man gifts from my buddy's wedding last year was dinner at Mugaritz (the 6th ranked restaurant in the world) and one of these:

large-sogbigbowie.jpg

I was quite pleased with both.

Benchmade Ultra-Family or the Al-Mar Falcon or Ultralight.

I carry the Al Mar Ultralight every day. it's awesome

Wow, am I the only guy on these boards that doesn't own (much less carry) a non-kitchen knife of some sort?

i used to carry a much bigger knife and got some pretty awesome stares one time when i used it to slice off a huge piece of poster paper at a meeting with some upper execs.

i switched because it was heavy and annoying for every day carry.

When I was a kid in Scouts I carried my knife everywhere except school and I still have one for camping but see no use for it in everyday life

ya'll should get a small one and try it for a few months. i bet you'd find that you'd use it more than you think, especially when you factor in helping out other people with dumb tasks. unless you're against it for some reason.

I can barely remember my keys, cellphone and wallet so I don't carry a knife but they are useful around the house. Especially when the packs of coyotes show up at night.

probably a couple times a week, especially around the house. 3.5" x .25" and weighs about an ounce; small enough to barley register even in dress pants.

probably a couple times a week, especially around the house. 3.5" x .25" and weighs about an ounce; small enough to barley register even in dress pants.

interesting. i'm trying to think of daily situations when i've thought "a knife would be handy right now," and am having difficulty coming up with one.

interesting. i'm trying to think of daily situations when i've thought "a knife would be handy right now," and am having difficulty coming up with one.

I got my groomsmen Browning pockets knives too. They loved them

I carry one too (when I remember). Use it all the time around the house, at least once a day. Last night it was to break down boxes for recycling to pick up. You'd be surprised how much you use it once you remember you actually have it on your person...

the way I feel is that it's handy when I need it, even if that's rarely, but in no way annoys me by carrying it. and I generally hate stuff in my pockets (which is why i switched to the moneyclip).

I think you might have left out a dimension there.

Back