• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gin or Vodka Martinis

Vodka or Gin martini?

• Total voters
Never been a huge martini fan. I do love gin and tonic though. With Bombay Sapphire.

I'll have to try the Botanist gin.

I haven't liked martinis since wfudkn fed me martini and martini with extra olive juice before going to the In Search of a Corner show. I definitely ruined that performance screaming 'Jeff Miller is not funny' every time he spoke.

Picked up a bottle of Emulsion gin yesterday. Really good, unique flavor. Made by fainting goat distillery here in GSO so not sure if it's available in ABC stores outside GSO.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gin is generally disgusting. It is for old people, crazy people, and old crazy people.

Hendricks is okay for cocktails, but if you are drinking gin straight and weren't born in the 40's, you have a problem. We have better shit now, you don't have to do that.

Gin is generally disgusting. It is for old people, crazy people, and old crazy people.

Hendricks is okay for cocktails, but if you are drinking gin straight and weren't born in the 40's, you have a problem. We have better shit now, you don't have to do that.

You must be some sort of pussy. Do you enjoy wine coolers? Mixing Hendrick's, what a waste.

I drink brown spirits. I get your point though. Keep up this pussy behavior and next thing you know I'll we wearing a corny getup and binoculars in the woods and exclaiming about an orange breasted kakapo, then scribbling furiously in my notebook. Slippery slope.

I drink brown spirits. I get your point though. Keep up this pussy behavior and next thing you know I'll we wearing a corny getup and binoculars in the woods and exclaiming about an orange breasted kakapo, then scribbling furiously in my notebook. Slippery slope.

Haha!...no such thing as an orange breasted kakapo though, you've got a very long way to go. Agreed, brown spirits are obviously better. I'm a Lagavulin man myself and I named my sailboat Islay if that tidbit helps my street cred.

Hendricks, decent splash of vermouth, with either a twist or a cucumber slice. Summertime in liquid form.

The wife loves blue-cheese olives in a dirty Sapphire martini.

I haven't liked martinis since wfudkn fed me martini and martini with extra olive juice before going to the In Search of a Corner show. I definitely ruined that performance screaming 'Jeff Miller is not funny' every time he spoke.

Yeah, but that was hilarious. If I recall, Jeff didn't think it was as funny.

On a rare (for me) clear liquor night at a charity event with pretty bad brown liquor choices, I had a vesper martini last night. Definitely my favorite. Not sure if that means my choice should be savage or doofus/numbers.

I drink gin neat, the Botanist if I can find it, otherwise Hendricks with a slice of cucumber. I'm not sure that counts as a martini, so I guess I'm a savage.

Have you tried uncle Val's botanical gin? That stuff is amazing neat. Only downside is they don't carry it in NC.

usually too lazy to actually mix a drink so i'll just do two fingers of stoli and occasionally squeeze in a bit of lime or lemon juice

Back