• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gingrich Detonates Inconvenient Truth re War on Poverty

your point? how exactly did he detonate it? by saying every major city is run by democrats?

oh heavens he really detonated it

your point? how exactly did he detonate it? by saying every major city is run by democrats?

oh heavens he really detonated it

Every major city isn't run by Democrats. Every major city that is a center of poverty is run by Democrats. Show me a center of poverty that isn't.

Fifty years into the War on Poverty, it is time to take a clear-eyed look at the failures of these well-intended policies. The people they are hurting deserve better. They deserve policies designed to get them a job and upward mobility. Programs designed to encourage cyclical dependence, opposition to performance metrics in public schools, job and city-killing unions and the lottery all need to go.

The War on Poverty has infinitely less to do with income inequality than trickle down economics and giving massive tax breaks to the Top 5%.

jhmd, I really wish you wouldn't judge people so much.

I judge that the people hurt by these policies deserve a better fate than they're getting. I'd hope you share the same view.

The War on Poverty has infinitely less to do with income inequality than trickle down economics and giving massive tax breaks to the Top 5%.

Sincerely,

Not Detroit, New Orleans, D.C., etc., etc., etc.

It is weird that the cities that keep electing so-called progressives show so little progress.

Every major city isn't run by Democrats. Every major city that is a center of poverty is run by Democrats. Show me a center of poverty that isn't.

Fifty years into the War on Poverty, it is time to take a clear-eyed look at the failures of these well-intended policies. The people they are hurting deserve better. They deserve policies designed to get them a job and upward mobility. Programs designed to encourage cyclical dependence, opposition to performance metrics in public schools, job and city-killing unions and the lottery all need to go.

oh yeah, I forgot from your last rant.

What are the policies to get them a job again?

so it's a dem mayor's fault people are poor? i thought it was because they were lazy

There are simple policies to wipe out poverty that democrats are ignoring in favor of keeping people poor and voting D. You see, its a giant conspiracy to keep them poor, perpetuated by evil power-hungry Dems in a huge charade that….

….jhmd, you tell it so much better. cmon, tell us again….

It's not coincidental that so many "Dem" cities go BK with Republican governors.

There are simple policies to wipe out poverty that democrats are ignoring in favor of keeping people poor and voting D. You see, its a giant conspiracy to keep them poor, perpetuated by evil power-hungry Dems in a huge charade that….

….jhmd, you tell it so much better. cmon, tell us again….

I appreciate your confidence, but nothing I can say speaks louder to the manifest failures of these policies than shuttered factories in Michigan, cities in bankruptcy court and Chicago outpacing Bagram for gun violence in 2013.

It's not coincidental that so many "Dem" cities go BK with Republican governors.

I don't care if you keep lying to yourself as long as you guys keep sending film production crews to Wilmington, North Carolina. We appreciate your jobs almost as much as South Carolina enjoys making BMWs and Boeing aircraft, Alabama does Toyotas, Georgia does GM and Fords....

right. Kinda like that thread where you and Wrangor insisted for page after page that the majority of food stamp recipients were gaming the system and that such programs were encouraging abuse by healthy able-bodied potential workers……then when asked to produce any real data and numbers to back up your claim slunk back into your basement..

thanks for the awesome thread, champ.

I appreciate your confidence, but nothing I can say speaks louder to the manifest failures of these policies than shuttered factories in Michigan, cities in bankruptcy court and Chicago outpacing Bagram for gun violence in 2013.

We should really pass some legislation about that gun violence.

right. Kinda like that thread where you and Wrangor insisted for page after page that the majority of food stamp recipients were gaming the system and that such programs were encouraging abuse by healthy able-bodied potential workers……then when asked to produce any real data and numbers to back up your claim slunk back into your basement..

thanks for the awesome thread, champ.

Detroit has elected eight consecutive Democrats as its Mayor. It is in bankruptcy.

D.C. has its ninth straight Democrat Mayor serving. Bottom 10 public school system in America and a top 10 murder rate to match.

New Orleans has elected 14 consecutive Democrats as its Mayor, including Ray Nagin twice.

Atlanta: 9 straight. Can't even keep the Atlanta Braves in...Atlanta.

Chicago hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1927. Has a gun violence rate reminiscent of Pakistan.

Top six cities for highest murder rate have Dem mayors.

Those are the facts. The well-intended Progressive agenda is not working where it is being tried.

Last edited:
Detroit has elected eight consecutive Democrats as its Mayor. It is in bankruptcy.

D.C. has its ninth straight Democrat Mayor serving. Bottom 10 public school system in America and a top 10 murder rate to match.

New Orleans has elected 14 consecutive Democrats as its Mayor, including Ray Nagin twice.

Atlanta: 9 straight. Can't even keep the Atlanta Braves in...Atlanta.

Chicago hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1927. Has a gun violence rate reminiscent of Pakistan.

Top six cities for highest murder rate have Dem mayors.

Those are the facts. The well-intended Progressive agenda is not working where it is being tried.

Wow, you are really attaching yourself to Newt's condemnation of mayors. I hear ya. So now its the fault of the mayors?

because Newt decreed it so, I suppose?

Back