• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Going to Work Sick

Do you go to work while you are sick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People who come into work sick, when it's unconfirmed by a doctor that they're not contagious, are the worst type of person. Even worse than people who microwave fish in the office.

I do, but only because the weakest part of my current job is their vacation/days off policy. I basically told my direct manager up front that with no option to work from home or no negotiation on their part regarding vacation days that I would be at work everyday unless on vacation or dead. I've stuck by that as well. Came in once with a pretty nasty stomach bug and again with some weird eye shit that was definitely contagious.

At my last job I never came in if I felt anything abnormal, as it was encouraged to stay home if not 100%.

I have the ability to work from home if I need to, so I will do that if I'm not feeling well. If it's bad enough I'll just take a sick day.

Back