• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Going to Work Sick

Do you go to work while you are sick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't missed a day of school or work for being sick since high school.

I don't think I've ever missed a work day entirely due to being sick. There've been a couple of times when I've gone home from work with a stomach bug, though.

I feel like this attitude is something so uniquely American, or maybe just among capitalistic societies. Are you proud of going into work sick, or do you you just never get sick?

I don't get sick.

This. I do not understand how people get "sick" so often. I've been out of school and worked for almost 5 years now and i've never missed a day that i didn't take a planned vacation. I love my work though so maybe it's just me that I enjoy what I do and have a good work ethic and immune system.

This. I do not understand how people get "sick" so often. I've been out of school and worked for almost 5 years now and i've never missed a day that i didn't take a planned vacation. I love my work though so maybe it's just me that I enjoy what I do and have a good work ethic and immune system.

You're jinxed!!
Prepare for the norovirus within the next 10 days.

i didn't either and then we had a baby

I've never missed the cloud nothings, even if I was sick I would still make sure to catch it. Don't be so nervous!

i didn't either and then we had a baby

yep

I think I missed like 1 or 2 sick days my first 5 years in the workforce. When I had my first kid in daycare that shit all changed. I swear it was just different levels of sick that first year.

I don't get sick.

unbreakable-015.jpg

My wife uses more sick days in a year than I do in 10.

Yes, but I rarely interact with anyone, and I avoid everyone if I'm sick. I'll shut my door, won't go to break room, etc. and I'm very conscious about washing my hands, using purell anyway, covering a cough.

I am fine with others coming in sick unless they go into the breakroom and cough on the coffee machine and drink machine. Just a complete lack of awareness.

I think I missed like 1 or 2 sick days my first 5 years in the workforce. When I had my first kid in daycare that shit all changed. I swear it was just different levels of sick that first year.

I've got a few years until kids but y'all got me shook now....

I went several years without missing a day of work for illness, then last year I caught two stomach bugs within two months. Missed one day with the first and two with the second.

Back